best dvd player for mce

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
i know best is subjective but wmp in vista mce sucks balls and wont de interlace and it looks nasty, which player would people suggest?

it doesn't work on vista x64 ;) - i tried it, yes it works great under MCE2005 but no under vista :(

edit: seems to be doing it more so on American films, stuttering and such

Last edited:
I am using TMT (Arcsoft total media theatre) and I really like it. Builds itself right in to MCE, and plays back Blu-ray and HD DVD too :) There is even a Nvidia cuda up-scaler plug-in which works really well in my opinion.

I am thinking about getting a mac mini :p

you won't go wrong with a mini :)

keep eyeing them myself so that I can get myself in to more support roles.

Anyway back on topic, :p
3Dfiend have you tried using FFdshow? you should be able to configure that to deinterlace the dvds all within MCE, I will try and find you a link when I get home tonight.

thanks - i'll be waiting :) im also wondering if its anything to do with the stuttering xvid and mkvs i had a while back when i had to change something in the nvidia control panel, think i had to move edges in, might try that again

seems to be fine under win7 so must be an issue with the built in mpeg2 codec in vista :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back