best digi cam software? ? ?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
is there any good software i can use to download fotos from my digital camera to my computer the 1 i use is really unstable and crashes off the slightest things.

i have an olympus camedia camera and really need some better software to get my fotos off it.

any help appreciated

J

Jason Roberts

You can try a Memory Card Reader (this is a hardware) only costs around $50-$90. This hardware works by placing the memory card from your camera in a slot in the reader and then XP or what ever operating system you are using will treat it as if it's a floppy drive.

I have one I bought from Harvey Norman (Australia) for $60 Australian Dollars. I use it because my digital camera is a bit incompatable with XP but I can read photos from the card using the card reader just fine.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
I have got something similar for my smartmedia. A device which plugs into the usb port. It only cost £18. Nothing special but it does the job.

You may be able to just plug your camera into your computer and windows will see it as a drive anyway. What type of conection is it, and what operating system are you running?

forcer

OSNN Senior Addict
its a com port connection :(
and i am on XP
my camera doesnt even install as a device or new hardware i simply plug it in and load the software that came with it which crashes badly and usually takes several attempts 2 actually get all my photos

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut