Best component on your system [ ? ]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
Simple question : wich is your best component on your system now ? . me : monitor ( Adi ) & motherboard and soon the video card :)

I'd have to say the best component on my system is ME :D

My video card or my HDD. Soon to be my monitor, though. NEC 1250+. 22" of flat CRT lovin'! ;)

The choice is hard:

1- my P/// 650 cpu running flawlessly @866 (sometimes @911) ?

2- my monitor: Sony Cpd 420 Gst 19" allowing to play games at 1600*1200*75hz ?

3- my video: Radeon7500 never failing me up to now (though I crave for the 8500 !)

See my specs, it's all good for what I'm doing, though I plan to upgrade (PowerLeap PL-iP3/T + P/// 1.26 Tualatin).

My choice ? My computer is faithfull to me, good !

My best component is my ageing MITSUMI keyboard........

Why??

Its the only part of my PC that has never been replaced.....It has seen over 5 generations of CPU, countless motherboards, and not to mention survived severe physical trauma (i have hit this thing so many times, that I am amazed it still functions at all, spilt coke, coffee and all manner of foods onto it, and even threw it out of the window once!)

Oh, and another thing......its the only part of my PC that I never actually bought!!! Not bad for a freebie...

*hugs my Volcano 7* I am also very happy with my monitor, TTX 19" Flat, and my optical mouse. The optical mouse was one of my best upgrades. I'll never go back to the ball. :)

Have to go with Xsivforce on the optical mouse, but for sheer reliability it has to be the floppy drive, part of my original 486. :D

My power switcher 2000 plus is key!

Other than that, the optical mouse is key. But, I love everything equally; it all works so well together.

17d, 20h uptime and counting.

I love my 1 GB stick of memory, got it for a steal.
My Thermalright SK-6 - LOVE IT!
and my KVM people always ask WTF is that!!!

1)My 30 Gig Seagate Barracuda Ultra ATA III ... 7200 rpm ... VROOM!! :p
2)Floppy drive - same one since I had a 386!!!
3)Logitech Cordless Optical mouse ... enuff said :)

they are all the best. With out each other, they are all only paperweights!

:D

but if you really want one, you decide:

Asus A7V
AMD T-Bird 1 jigahertz
Maxtor 27gb hd
ATI Expert 2000 32mb agp
PCI 128 sound
Generic 40x CD
Lite-On 24x10x40 CDRW
Generic Floppy
10mb Network card for DSL
Antec Tall mid tower case w/ 300 watt power supply
Spectre Video Cam
Colorado 19200 Scanner
MS optical mouse
MS internet pro keyboard
Boston Acoustic BA635 Sub with Speakers

Probably everything. I like my case alot too, it has alot of fans in it and it's modded.

Originally posted by Jewelzz
I'd have to say the best component on my system is ME :D

if jewelzz was on my computer, i'd said its her also! :D

but otherwise, its my monitor. 17" LCD Samsung 760vTFT. love that thing.

Gotta go with the optical mouse. Got rid of all those crummy mousepads!

Hmmm.....

Best Component:
Probably My AMD Athlon XP 1700+ & Soyo Dragon+ (KT266A) Motherboard

Worst Componen:
Tie between my REALLY small case andmy dual 15" Gateway 2000 EV500 (circa 1997) monitors

JJB6486

Originally posted by Cosmin
Simple question : wich is your best component on your system now ? . me : monitor ( Adi ) & motherboard and soon the video card :)

mine would be my 2 x 512MB Corsair XMS2700 DDRAM @186mhz :)

hm......... my voodoo 3 3000 pci.... i bought it when it wasn't on sale... it would never drop in price.... until a few months later, Nvidia bought 3dfx.... that just ruins my lifetime warranty... :rolleyes:

it still performs real nice.... on top of that, it's PCI! can u believe a PCI card performing better than my screwed up 8 MB AGP card?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back