Best CD to MP3 ripper?

DoNuTjC

OSNN Addict
What is the best software where I can trun my cd tracks to MP3z?

thanks a lot

amen to that speedy_b
(as long as you set it up correctly)
google for best cdex config or setup or sumthing like that.. there are lots of opinions... find one that works for you ;)

png00.png

it's actually all a matter of opinion. Me, i choose to use MusicMatch Jukebox. Love using the MP3Pro audio format. same quality as an original MP3, but half the size.

Argh, you can't be serious! mp3PRO is a hideous format. The sound is appauling and it's not even a free compression medium.

.ogg on the other hand sounds great even at 50k, encoded at 128k most cant tell the difference between the ogg and originating wav, and of cource, it's open source.

Hendrik: if you're showing off ur fav encoding options.. i just wanna put my 2c worth in ;)

i dont encode for size.. i encode for quality and cannot tell the difference between cd and this personally...

look @ attachment for my settings ;)

iTunes is probably still quite a way off though.
(didn't they say it was aimed for around December time?)

Im pretty sure there is another thread about the same thing floating around in here... but Im way too lazy to post a link...anyway

I use SoundStream from Roxio.... is very much sexy: can rip from 32kbps to 320kbps, simple to rip single track to whole CD without a whole lot of mess. All in all, its pretty nifty

Aside from .ogg, Lame VBR -alt presets with EAC is still the best.

Sparsely chants this to himself.

use mp3 strip it! digital it uses the blade codec (which is the best) but it takes a little longer to encode songs then lame of lossless or some of the others

Speedy_B, i don't see any problem with MP3pro. unless it started off as crap, i don't notice a bit of difference, unless u can prove otherwise. if i rip from a cd right to mp3pro, or from a good quality MP3 that i already have and convert it to mp3pro, i don't notice a difference

Cdex and EAC - I use the lame.dll 3.92 on mine .. It works perfect and the sound quality is great ..

Something else that is getting popular also is monkey audio ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back