Best Brand PSU

zapoqx

Striking Master
I wanted to know what you would say is a nice best branded PSU.
I was trying to think on my times here, but I must have some Brain reflux or something. I was thinking it was Enermax (spell error?) and Thermaltake. What about those and/or Cooler Masters?

There are a lot of great psu brands...PC Power & Cooling (which was bought by OCZ) Tagan, OCZ, Antec, Enermax, Corsair, and a few others make great PSUs and the few you mentioned as well.

With the exception of Antec all the above listed brands are sure bets. PCP&C are widley regarded as the best period however.

From the reviews I read when deciding for my own, Hiper came out pretty well and they're reasonably priced too. My system hasn't had a single glitch since assembly.

SilverStone or Ultra are the PSU's I have had the chance to deal with over my years of PC building. Never had a problem with Thermaltake or Antec but can't trust them on my own all-day on systems which is where SilverStone & Ultra come in. Just my two cents....

OCZ/PC P & C are probably the best by reputation.

Antec is a good brand, is there a reason you don't like them Lord? Bad experience?

With the exception of Antec

QFT

I've owned three Antec supplies, two went out on me. One literally poured out a heavy, metal-laced smoke out onto the floor and freaked me out bad. I almost never dis brands, because a company can totally turn itself around from one product cycle to the next. Antec, however, is a company that has produced bad experiences for me fairly consistently.

There are many, MANY quality brands out there. Check the newegg reviews for good advice, too.

I had 1 Antec die on me, after 3 years of use and multiple power surges in Florida :cool:

Other than that, I thought they had a decent rep, apparently not lol :cool:

*points at Saz*

PC Power & Cooling.

PC Power & Cooling is hands down the best, although you will pay for it.

I have been using Enermax myself for last five years or so in all the systems I have built, never had a problem. I have had the same Enermax PSU in my server running 24/7 for the last three years. Not bad for a sub $100 dollar consumer PSU.

I have used several Antec PSU's, but the last one was faulty.
I replaced it with a Seasonic, and no problems.

Thanks, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner but I was on vacation and just got back. Well to me, I feel it will be on at least 16 hours a day... might be 24/7 when I move to another place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back