Best Brand PSU

zapoqx

Striking Master
I wanted to know what you would say is a nice best branded PSU.
I was trying to think on my times here, but I must have some Brain reflux or something. I was thinking it was Enermax (spell error?) and Thermaltake. What about those and/or Cooler Masters?

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
There are a lot of great psu brands...PC Power & Cooling (which was bought by OCZ) Tagan, OCZ, Antec, Enermax, Corsair, and a few others make great PSUs and the few you mentioned as well.

LordOfLA

Godlike!
With the exception of Antec all the above listed brands are sure bets. PCP&C are widley regarded as the best period however.

Unleashed

We Speak Geek
From the reviews I read when deciding for my own, Hiper came out pretty well and they're reasonably priced too. My system hasn't had a single glitch since assembly.

synical33

X2 & Lovin' It
SilverStone or Ultra are the PSU's I have had the chance to deal with over my years of PC building. Never had a problem with Thermaltake or Antec but can't trust them on my own all-day on systems which is where SilverStone & Ultra come in. Just my two cents....

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
OCZ/PC P & C are probably the best by reputation.

Antec is a good brand, is there a reason you don't like them Lord? Bad experience?

Petros

Thief IV
With the exception of Antec

QFT

I've owned three Antec supplies, two went out on me. One literally poured out a heavy, metal-laced smoke out onto the floor and freaked me out bad. I almost never dis brands, because a company can totally turn itself around from one product cycle to the next. Antec, however, is a company that has produced bad experiences for me fairly consistently.

There are many, MANY quality brands out there. Check the newegg reviews for good advice, too.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
I had 1 Antec die on me, after 3 years of use and multiple power surges in Florida :cool:

Other than that, I thought they had a decent rep, apparently not lol :cool:

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
*points at Saz*

PC Power & Cooling.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Political Access
:cool:

Running it now, at home, rail's don't move :D

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
PC Power & Cooling is hands down the best, although you will pay for it.

I have been using Enermax myself for last five years or so in all the systems I have built, never had a problem. I have had the same Enermax PSU in my server running 24/7 for the last three years. Not bad for a sub $100 dollar consumer PSU.

trackrat

Birmingham UK
I have used several Antec PSU's, but the last one was faulty.
I replaced it with a Seasonic, and no problems.

zapoqx

Striking Master
Thanks, sorry I didn't get back to this sooner but I was on vacation and just got back. Well to me, I feel it will be on at least 16 hours a day... might be 24/7 when I move to another place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR