Best AV?

Eagle710

OSNN Senior Addict
Lets see what you all recommend is the Best Anti Virus-->
The best Anti Spyware-->

Eset Smart Security/Kaspersky Internet Security. You don't need to look much further than that.

As previously stated, Kaspersky is very good.

On my laptop I use Mac OS X, which has been very effective.... *runs*

I always go free, so right now I use Avira www.free-av.com

Also I don't even bother with spyware software. I have spyware blaster installed but don't really bother with it.

If I were to pay I would get the new Eset Smart Security.

for another free option is AVG free.grisoft.com

I've also said this before...If I wasn't married I wouldn't even have antivirus software on my computers. But such is life.

I'd only recommend AVG if you haver hdd space to fill and don't want protection of any kind. I'm seeing too many incidents where avg has been installed and not seen or alerted of the virus currently active on the machine it was supposed to be protecting.

mm... i like spybot over windows defender and adaware (cos the new adaware version really sucks)... but to be honest, i dont even know why i have it. i mean, all my family members use the pc and i still havent got any real spyware problem in all these years...
i certainly wouldn't pay for any :p

for av... i know i'm gonna get flamed... but i use norton (2002 till my dad got 360 this year, if it was up to me i'd still use the old one) and it works good

mm... i like spybot over windows defender and adaware (cos the new adaware version really sucks)... but to be honest, i dont even know why i have it. i mean, all my family members use the pc and i still havent got any real spyware problem in all these years...
i certainly wouldn't pay for any :p

for av... i know i'm gonna get flamed... but i use norton (2002 till my dad got 360 this year, if it was up to me i'd still use the old one) and it works good

I liked/used norton till about 2004, thats when things really started to turn

Yeah, norton used to be pretty good. Somewhere along the way Symantec lost the plot with it though.

Spyware Doctor and that after years of experience and tests .. we use it on our machines at work and that because I had been asked to look for and test spyware removers...

I'm amazed at how many actually believe Spyware Doctor is good... That's just... quite literally sad. It comes out with more false positives than actual results.

Best AV I've ever used and highly recommend is free. Avast.
Best AntiSpyware varies. For real time protection, Windows Defender does a better job since TeaTimer has had issues in the past. Why did it take them over a year to fix TeaTimer anyways? For just scanning, Ad-Aware SE works far better than that new crap they came out with. I prefer to mix them with RogueRemover, Ad-Aware and Spybot. Because one alone won't find all the infections.

http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/PC_Security

Last edited:
Can you show us all your source for that statment? Spyware Doctor is very well known and works very very well ...

I'm amazed at how many actually believe Spyware Doctor is good... That's just... quite literally sad. It comes out with more false positives than actual results.

Best AV I've ever used and highly recommend is free. Avast.
Best AntiSpyware varies. For real time protection, Windows Defender does a better job since TeaTimer has had issues in the past. Why did it take them over a year to fix TeaTimer anyways? For just scanning, Ad-Aware SE works far better than that new crap they came out with. I prefer to mix them with RogueRemover, Ad-Aware and Spybot. Because one alone won't find all the infections.

http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/PC_Security

Still waiting for the reports showing spyware doctor is no good and not recommened?

hello you still alive ?

figures ... :laugh:

It's called use it and see the false positives for yourself. A majority of techs I've spoken with know Spyware Doctor sucks. Again, scan and look at the results list. Key example of a false positive. Snadboy's Revelation.

Also, this may be old but still holds true: http://forum.piriform.com/lofiversion/index.php/t897.html

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back