best audio quality cd burning software...

M

morytz

hi, whats the best audio quality burnign software. i noticed some programs make ur cds sound liek shyet, and some sound good.

anybody got any ideas which is the best. please post some feedback the more we get the more we can discuss and maybe we can all improve our audio sound :)

yey for us.

maurice

EAC or Cdex with lame and 192k - some people like to use extreme also ... But 192 is good .

are these programs that BURN cd's, or are these programs that RIP cd's into mp3's because im confused

Eac will burn the cd as well - sorry I mis read your post ... Are you talking about making an mp3 cd or just copying an audio cd ???

If you are talking about copying a cd using any cd copy prog will work - Usually I use Alcohol. or what you could do is use EAC to copy the cd and burn it with that ..

If you are talking about making an mp3 cd, then usually what I do is use EAC with lame to encode it to 192 .. then use nero make the cd - some programs will automaticlly convert the mp3 back to wave - nero does sometimes, the sound quality is pretty good .. the higher the bitrate though the better the quality, it's all based on preferences. Some people argue that 128k is cd quality, some say that 256 is cd quality - Truth of the matter is 192 is acctual cd quality ..

Hope this helps ...

well, i have a bunch of mp3s on my pc... and i want to burn them onto a regular audio cd. now, i am just looking for the BEST program to copy my mp3s from my computer and record them onto an audio cd (not data - which would be mp3) in teh best possibly quality. let me know :)

since you already have the mp3's on you pc - burning them to a cd will be good enough, the quality they are now is based on what was used at the time they were ripped - What you could do is use dbpoweramp to convert the quality to you liking then test it, but when you burn it to a cd - unless you are making an mp3 cd it won't make any diff ..

really? i burned some stuff using like media player, and than using ezcd creator and i noticed a difference. seems like ezcd creator has more dynamics to the sound. maybe its jsut my imagination?

is there a program that i can use that will convert all my music to the same volume level? so that when i burn the cd, i dont have to keep on changing the volume everytime a new songs comes on.

You talking about normalizing there - once again dbpoweramp will fix it for you ,, Normally normalizing is done when you first ripp the cd ..

You can find info about dbpoweramp her - and it's free,, I just knoticed they have a audio cd writer - it's not free, but the music converter is:
  • http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Originally posted by morytz
really? i burned some stuff using like media player, and than using ezcd creator and i noticed a difference. seems like ezcd creator has more dynamics to the sound. maybe its jsut my imagination?

is there a program that i can use that will convert all my music to the same volume level? so that when i burn the cd, i dont have to keep on changing the volume everytime a new songs comes on.

mate dont get confused between 'ripping' and 'burning'

things to consider:
- Ripping essentially means taking music on a cd and converting it into an mp3 file on your computer.
- Burning is when you make a cd. you burn information to a CD disk using cd writing software and your cd burner

- it's highly unlikely that you will notice a difference in audio quality between cd burning programs.
- if your very fussy, then use top quality brand name cd-r if your after a higher quality sound of your burnt cd's
- my favourite cd burning program is Nero.
- my favourite mp3 ripping program is music match jukebox

Originally posted by Sexo um pato
mate dont get confused between 'ripping' and 'burning'

things to consider:
- Ripping essentially means taking music on a cd and converting it into an mp3 file on your computer.
- Burning is when you make a cd. you burn information to a CD disk using cd writing software and your cd burner

- it's highly unlikely that you will notice a difference in audio quality between cd burning programs.
- if your very fussy, then use top quality brand name cd-r if your after a higher quality sound of your burnt cd's
- my favourite cd burning program is Nero.
- my favourite mp3 ripping program is music match jukebox

I fully agree with you except for the Music Match Part ..

Nero is great for burning. It gives you a lot of control like track spacing, and even filters. It will let you burn a cd equalized, or with different volume levels. Say if you use WinAmp, and you have your favorite equalizer settings, you can burn the cd exactly as it sounds on WinAmp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back