Best app for Burning data DVDs?

E

efeezee

I bought a DVD+R/RW that came with Sonic myDVD for video, etc, but it does not appear to have a "DATA DVD" option for archiving.

Is there a free app out there anyone would reccomend?

I reckon EasyCD/DVD creator or Nero 6 would be best for data, also if you're using it for bootable CD/DVD.

What have both of those got to do with free?

Freeware is goodware. :D And if you haven't given burnatonce a go you should.

Because Nero has been known to be the best and reliable burning software.

Nero 6 has some problems in ther 6.x releases. They are crippled with some serious bugs. My advice is to stay with the latest (stable) 5.x version and wait till Ahead gets their act together.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Those problems were patched and repaired very swiftley I do believe that it was still in it's beta stage for one of the above mentioned problems.

:)

I believe the Overburn bug is (still) in the current 6.0.0.15 version, which is the most recent version from Ahead Nero 6 at the moment.

http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74656

The deletion of the the Temp folder was in 6.0.0.9. Doesn't sound like a beta to me.

Read the threads from the URLs posted earlier. ;-)

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

I did run the threads and yes one was in beta stage the other has a patch to fix the problem.

Yes, there is a patch for the overburn bug introduced in the latest 6.0.0.15 and 5.5.10.50, but I don't think it is an official patch from Ahead.

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Not sure about that either but I did install the patch and everything is fine. So I am happy, not saying there is not other applications that are good, but I am very pleased with Nero.

Regards

Wayne aka Kermit

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back