Best antivirus proggie to get with XP

S

scuse

informal poll, i have norton 2001 now, i hate it to death.
whats the best to use and be compatible with?

norton's anti-virus 2002 :D

i love it on xp and my computer...

I agree with existenz. I've got Norton 2002, and it works like a charm. Have 2001 under ME, and have no complaints about it, so I guess if you have 2001, you probably will want to stay away from 2002 as I've not seen much difference between the two.

No, 2001 doesn't work in XP. I was saying it's what I have on my Windows ME partition. Tried to install Norton 2001 on XP, and it wouldn't work, so I went out and got 2002. Ever since I got a virus on my system, I make sure I always have an anti-virus running on my PCs. And ever since we got the ILoveYou virus at work, I make doubly sure of this, and update my virus defs constantly. Nothing like ILY to bring down a mail server!

If you really want something clean, light and very efficient i'd advise you to take a look at AVP (Antiviral Toolkit PRO) from kaspersky labs. Internet updates are available and it's very very simple to use and, as i said, light on the system

Try it, it's simply great. http://www.avp.ru

the kapersky software says it only works up to win2k. will it work with xp?

i use and recomemd norton 2002 my self i love it has stopped my nasty dead in there tracks :D

kaspersky labs

scanner works fine, but the rest doesn't really. (the real-time monitoring, etc)

AVG is very good as its completly free but on my win xp and on two other systems with the same o/s it takes about 5 minutes to load and slows the system totaly until it has done. Once loaded it works fine. I have 320 mb of ram so i dont think that has anything to do with it!

Originally posted by noah472
AVG is very good as its completly free but on my win xp and on two other systems with the same o/s it takes about 5 minutes to load and slows the system totaly until it has done. Once loaded it works fine. I have 320 mb of ram so i dont think that has anything to do with it!

Something very odd going on there, I had trouble with AVG when I first installed it on XP but this was because I was using an older version. Perhaps if you download the latest things may be better

Kaspersky's 'Antiviral Toolkit Personal PRO' here :D

It had a little background process running I never new about so I had to disable it (to much CPU lag).

It is the latest version of AVG as i had lost my old copy of it. Its very strange indeed.... just have to leave the machine on instead of rebooting which aint too much stress! ;)

Microsoft released an XP Compatibility Update late last week that says it adds compatibility for Norton 2001, McAfee 4.5 and alot of other programs. Just go to the Windows Update site to download it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back