Best Anti Virus.

Yep. same here, its the best from my xp-erience!! :D

Norton2002 AV all the way!... yeah baby..yeeaahh!! ;)

Same here, definately.......

Athough I have used AVG in the past and liked it for a freebie program.

definatly norton anti virus 2002, it's alway's worked excelently with all the computers ive had + i've never had my system go down despite catchin my fair share of viruses.:D

I wouldn`t use Norton if you paid me. It saps your computers resources like no tommorow and slows down normal windows operation far too much for me, regardless of what system spec i`m using. Nortons always plague my pc`s with other problems and software incompatabilities. Its also reknowned for reporting false positives alot.

I use E-trust EZ-Antivirus, and find it is without a shadow of doubt the best antivirus software to use with the least pc footprint. Infact its un-noticable running in the background and has definition updates released on a daily basis. It scans all downloaded files and even webpages prior to displaying them and it all happens completely transparently.

I`d take a bullet rather than lower myself to nortons level.

Best antivirus is the Fdisk and Format commands :D

But if i'm not feeling destructive then Norton all the way!!! (for a year, until my subscription runs out that is:rolleyes: )

You want to know the best anti virus, and for that matter security is? By far, knowledge and some common sense!

Kaspersky AV and NOD32 the best, Norton can only dream of effectivness of those two.

norton sucks, here's why:

If you are a programmer you are probably familiar with ASPACK, UPX and PKLITE. They compress .exe files and scramble their contents (the file is still readible, but it's sig has now changed). Anyway, back orifice 2000 can be used as a remote legitimate administration tool (as i do), or as a malicious program used to own your system. Kaspersky Anti-Virus, which I use, hates that I have this server running and won't even let me access the file, I must disable it in order to use bo2k. While bragging about the virtues of Kaspersky to my friend running Norton 2002, we did a test, and he downloaded my ASPACK'd bo2k server (I have it packed for size purposes). Norton not only let him download the file (Kaspersky will not let you), it let him run it!!! That means I could be owning his system as we speak...

In addition, I work for DirecPC (satellite internet access). Norton uses some sort of virtual communication device to ensure all internet traffic goes through it. This slows your system down IMMENSELY (speed test with and without it). It also renders DirecPC inoperable. No other anti-virus program has this problem.

Lastly, disabling Norton 2002 does not render DirecPC operable again, you must fully uninstall it! What is that about??? That's the point of disabling! You speeds will be affected as well, even if you are disabled.

P.S. approx 10% of cu's with Norton 2002 are able to continue using it with DPC - go figure.

I like Norton. Norton catch all pink hearts, yellow moons and green clovers. Never let me down. Magic wand is under board to fix speed issue. P4 chip take over process and get all virus with Norton in background always doing the magic. I say Norton Virus is leader for virus check and protection for safe surfing times.:)

Re: norton sucks, here's why:

Originally posted by evilhomer
If you are a programmer you are probably familiar with ASPACK, UPX and PKLITE. They compress .exe files and scramble their contents (the file is still readible, but it's sig has now changed). Anyway, back orifice 2000 can be used as a remote legitimate administration tool (as i do), or as a malicious program used to own your system. Kaspersky Anti-Virus, which I use, hates that I have this server running and won't even let me access the file, I must disable it in order to use bo2k. While bragging about the virtues of Kaspersky to my friend running Norton 2002, we did a test, and he downloaded my ASPACK'd bo2k server (I have it packed for size purposes). Norton not only let him download the file (Kaspersky will not let you), it let him run it!!! That means I could be owning his system as we speak...

In addition, I work for DirecPC (satellite internet access). Norton uses some sort of virtual communication device to ensure all internet traffic goes through it. This slows your system down IMMENSELY (speed test with and without it). It also renders DirecPC inoperable. No other anti-virus program has this problem.

Lastly, disabling Norton 2002 does not render DirecPC operable again, you must fully uninstall it! What is that about??? That's the point of disabling! You speeds will be affected as well, even if you are disabled.

P.S. approx 10% of cu's with Norton 2002 are able to continue using it with DPC - go figure.
Here we go, I am not alone. I had been used Norton from 1997 to 1999. Working with a viruses on daily basis, Norton not only have not protected my computer, it destroyed it. Since 1999 I have used Kaspesky on NT4, Win 2000, Win XP Pro. Works as a charm.

I use NAV 2002. It has never ever let me down. This Kapersky I am not to familiar with so I can not judge something I know nothing about. But will look into it.

NAV2002 has never let bof run on my system,

I have tried to use it in the same manner as you.

Do with that what you will.:)

P.S. I own Dell, HP and IBM.
I'm not a Dr. But I play one on my PC>.:p

more info

You can find Kaspersky at www.kasperskylabs.com

If you do not pack the bo2k server, norton will catch it. It will not catch a packed server, which are very common, due to the sig change.

would a reformat wipe out most viruses? just wondering:)

almost all. but snook is right. if chernobyl has already gotten to your BIOS, it's too late, a format won't help.

if anyone wants to test their virus scanner with my packed bo2k server, i'll gladly e-mail it :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back