best amd cpu?

Kush

High On Life!
hey whats the best performing amd cpu, as in i remmber the 3200 and the 3000 didnt perform up to their model number and the 2800 was better performance. so which one is the best?

If by best you mean the fastest. The Barton at whatever the top clock speed is the best.

If by bets you mean most performance for the money the Bartom 2500 is the best. It is dirt cheap at $100 and usually overclcoks 10-20 %.

You must have a a MB that supports 333 fsb tho to get full advantage.

Or wait a few weeks and see how trhe 400 mhz fsb version does.

3200+ was the one that reviews said didn't "justify" its number and the 2700 was a better over clocker then the 3200+ but the barton as leejend said is the cream of the crop 99% of them overclock to 3000+ straight out of the box and can hit 400fsb.

yeah thats what i meant justify for its number. so my mobo is only 333 so would the best cpu upgrade be the 3000+?

I would say yes on the 3000+. If money is an issue, however, you can save a little getting a 2800 instead (at the moment it's about $80 less per chip as of August 2). Maybe you could put that money toward some watercooling for good overclocking, eh? Eh? ;)

money isnt usually a problem for me, but i dont want my dad to pay for anything cuz hes payn for a lot of sh!t so ill earn the money my self, but its not a problem anyways.

I find my 2700+ a very nice cpu it does 2.4Ghz at 210FSB no problem rock solid at these speeds and I know I can get more out of it , I will let it ride for a week or so at this speed then give it some more, its only 3 weeks old just a baby yet. Bartons are good chips no doubt on that either. :)

2500+ barton + a asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard rev 2.0 with the 1005 uber bios + 2 x 256 corsair value select pc2700 memory = >3 for the cost n it ll only cost u about 300 for everything saaid

and note u can Oc most 2500+ bartons out of the box to 3000+ with ease, I had my 2800+ to a 3400+ then had to unOC it cause my cooling sucks :(

Originally posted by Brando457
and note u can Oc most 2500+ bartons out of the box to 3000+ with ease, I had my 2800+ to a 3400+ then had to unOC it cause my cooling sucks :(
What is your temp, u should be getting a good temp with that HSF combo u have. I have a thermaltake volcano 11 and OC my 2400 to 2700 speed and still getting a temp of 40-43c loaded

my cpu is stock right now with a slk 800 and a smart fan ii at 43C under 0% load full load goes to 45C :/ its cause my room is probably 80 - 90 F n all i have is a dinky fan to cool me. I m getting a air conditioner though so once its in, i guarantee my temps go down to 30s

Originally posted by Brando457
my cpu is stock right now with a slk 800 and a smart fan ii at 43C under 0% load full load goes to 45C :/ its cause my room is probably 80 - 90 F n all i have is a dinky fan to cool me. I m getting a air conditioner though so once its in, i guarantee my temps go down to 30s
Oh, u meant your room temp is hot. Same here, Tampa is HOT HOT HOT

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back