best album of all time

well tbh it wasn't as consistently good as some other albums... and yet it should have been higher up dubbin1.. I also think its lower than it should be...

Sazar said:
btw... the Beatles were from liverpool so naturally they were exceptional (/me quietly dons his Reds shirt and sings "you'll never walk alone" in typical scouse accent)

:cool:

scouser.gif

:D :D :D

Beatles Suck!!!!! That just my opinion. Kinda sad tho they only had 2 ac/dc Albums :(.

theevilsithlord said:
I feel the same way... the way it flows from beginning to end is quite amazing... but why do most lists put sgt. peppers in the top spot?
Because its better :D
Although my favorite Beatles album is the white album I can't really argue with sgt. peppers... Its the best.

sith, dreamweaver - I agree entirely, with those things that you said back during that time in that place that I'm too lazy to quote.

anyway... I can see some value in the list, but in my own questionable opinion, Magical Mystery Tour was one of the greatest... so much experimental studio work went into that, which I might say, completely destroys ac/dc :eek:

Did i just read somethin bout somebody not likin AC/DC!!!!!?????

AC/DC is good, but i wouldnt call them ground breaking... I dont think they had anywhere the same impact as some of these other bands.

Wow U no cool!!! lol jk. Whats so great about the beatles?? Big whoop they were a lil boy band like n'sync and all them gay boy bands we have know. Just cause they were back in the 60's or whatever and were very clean, didnt sware,drink or smoke. I mean if they did smoke,drink,and sware things would be different about how people felt about them!

As I read through the posts I notice the exclusion of The Beach Boys. Overshadowed by the Beatles they are responsible for much of what the Beatles did. Paul McCartney has stated that Sgt Peppers/Revolver was created the way it was partly because Pet Sounds had just been released and was very revolutionary, secondly he also stated that it was almost a competition between the two bands to who could be more revolutionary. Obviously most consider Sgt Peppers that album, but what few realize is that The Beach Boys were working on the album Smile. This album never got released because of Brian Wilson's drug addiction and weight and mental issued but from the fragments put together Smile would have blown Sgt Peppers out of the water. Now I have a large number of bootleg sessions of the album so it is somewhat hard for me to explain how good it could have been to those of you with out them. Some songs that were on it: Good Vibrations, Heroes and Villains, Surf's Up (nothing like surfing safari, Surfing USA or a cheesy pop song), a whole elemental thing (fire, water, earth, wind--VERY STRANGE STUFF), Wonderful and a lot of other stuff (NONE of the songs later released especially Good Vibrations were anything like what some of the masters have). Brian just could never find himself in the same mindset (LSD and all does help, just ask John and Paul) It was easily the oddest and most revolutionary stuff that could have been released, but of course as history tells us it was not released and forever the Beach Boys will be overshadowed and not be held as equals to the Beatles as I think and many think they should be.

You may notice this is my first post...Hello All...You should see some more of me.

i wouldnt call the beatles clean tittle... for one... the beatles were on drugs 3/4 of the time anyway, (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds for one) and if they swore in their music, there is no way it could have been so mainstream. The music itself was revolutionary for its time, for a band writing their own music, (unlike many bands of today) brilliant.

Well i dont care they still suck!!! AC/DC Is the best along with the other rock bands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rant mode:

1) The Beatles were very heavily into drugs. I highly suggest the book "The Lives of John Lennon"

2) TittleBitties: Grow up!

TittleBitties said:
Wow U no cool!!! lol jk. Whats so great about the beatles?? Big whoop they were a lil boy band like n'sync and all them gay boy bands we have know. Just cause they were back in the 60's or whatever and were very clean, didnt sware,drink or smoke. I mean if they did smoke,drink,and sware things would be different about how people felt about them!
You heard something like 2 beatles songs right :p
You talking bull****.

Though I rarely listen to The Beatles I do like them and I understand they did ALOT for mondern day music. I also understand that AC/DC never wrote a good song :p

And it seems I'm the only one upset about Pearl Jams spot? They are one of the greatest bands I think. They didn't sell out and they tried to stand up to the evils of ticket master ... and who was that for? _the fans_ !

I heard alot of beatle songs but they all suck cept the diamond in the lucy sky.lol ha. Anyway I aint gonna dis on Pearl Jam cause they r really good!! I prob said that crap bout the beatles cause i dont like there kind of music.

Squalldog said:
Now I have a large number of bootleg sessions of the album so it is somewhat hard for me to explain how good it could have been to those of you with out them.
You may notice this is my first post...Hello All...You should see some more of me.

welcome to our board squaldog

got a link to these inreleased sessions?

would love to hear them (if it's legit of course)

TittleBitties said:
I heard alot of beatle songs but they all suck cept the diamond in the lucy sky.lol ha. Anyway I aint gonna dis on Pearl Jam cause they r really good!! I prob said that crap bout the beatles cause i dont like there kind of music.

...I'm going to go ahead and assume that because you can't even put time into typing coherant sentances that you can't put time into appreciating real music either

and to squalldog, I'm with perris... I would very much enjoy listening to some of that as well

Number 35 for The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars?

Are they kidding, that's easily a top 5 album!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back