Best Ad Blocking Software?

if you want something that is pretty cool and want to use IE then I would try search toolbar. I dig it but it needs some custom settings like the winamp location and other things. I also think is should be for free :) but it;s not and another cool this is I do not see a separte process for this app. Still trying to find out how it works :)

searchtoolbar.com

All else fails use MyIE or Avant Browser, Avant has a much better ad blocker. At the moment I'm using good ole Mozilla and its excellent :) ads no more and full mouse functioning

Analogx BAD

For awhile I have been using the POW from analogx up above, I have used it for sometime before the posting came here.

But sad enough there is a problem.

The pow program can only kill a max of around 2007 banners.

Thats how many I have killed, it seems to do the job for just about all the sites i visit, i can add more to it, but when it restarts, it resets the kill ratio back to 2007.

If you want the dat file from me, e-mail me and I will send it to you. Just go to Analogx to download the latest version of POW.

JF3000

Originally posted by hawk
Hi

I am wondering what the best ad blocking software is besides Adshield. I know Adshield is the best, but it gives me problems with XP where the shell restarts.

I am looking for a program that is basically just a plugin for IE, one that doesn't stay running when IE isn't nor sit in the task tray. (Adshield does run even when IE is closed, but regardless, I can't use it.) Also, I would like it to be much like Adshield in capabilities where I can right click on an ad and add it to my blocklist rather than have to rely on some list that might have missed something. Also, if this program is free, that's even better!

Thanks in advance,
TRY AND GET STOPZILLA...ONE OF THE BEST,BUT IT STAYD IN THE TRAY BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS EXIT...IT'S NOT FREE.p

In my opinion the best there is : Advanced Popup Killer 2002 from Innovative Technologies, You have to configure it and it closes what you want it to closes, The best there is !!!

http://www.innovative.go.ro/

crazybrowser is free and kicks butt! Well, not literally but its a nice app that uses IE and kills 99.99% of popups. Does not remove web ads but totally kills popups. I like it--try it out tell us what you think.

Originally posted by hawk
Hi

I am wondering what the best ad blocking software is besides Adshield. I know Adshield is the best, but it gives me problems with XP where the shell restarts.

I am looking for a program that is basically just a plugin for IE, one that doesn't stay running when IE isn't nor sit in the task tray. (Adshield does run even when IE is closed, but regardless, I can't use it.) Also, I would like it to be much like Adshield in capabilities where I can right click on an ad and add it to my blocklist rather than have to rely on some list that might have missed something. Also, if this program is free, that's even better!

Thanks in advance,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back