Best 80mm case fan?

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Hi,
Just want to know what's the best 80mm fan with high air flow (CFM) while being moderately quiet?

Thanks.
-RaG

P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything though.

Thermaltake fans are really nice, like the one Xsiv posted :)

Go Papst if you want to go silent. They have a wid range of cfm/sound ratio fans.

They seem to have a rather VERY professional looking site, IMO.

I'v heard of it, but not quite widely, I doubt most people mid level PC know they exist.

But really though, look at the cylindrical fans/ articles they have. Seems to know what they are talking about. I think I'll buy one :p, perhaps.

Papst... hrmz... never heard of them. Looks like I gotta do some homework today... Thanks the the info y'all.

-RaG

Papst are very well known and highly regarded here in Sweden anyway. Most people who want a quiet fan here go for Papst. I thought they were big in the world too...

i run papst fans.. they are the dope.. never had a problem and my comp runs silent (runs deep too ;))

enermax fans are great for you adjust the speed to what you want via the manual speed control knob =) silent-noisy

the vantec.

vantec Tornado Fan! Its really good.

5700rpm can get loud RARRRARRARRRARARRAAAAAA (Home imporvement Tim the Tool Man Taylor) :D

it can get loud but who cares i wanna get it soon.

u can get dampining stuff off the same site if u care about noise

Link ;)

I fitted a couple on Enermax (silent) fans - and they are very quiet if you manually adjust them to just below CPU fan noise (and they do work well at that rpm).

My only critisism is that if you power them off the mobo it creates **** with the onboard "winbond" fan speed diagnostics (must be due to the adjustable switch wiring) - so I just take the power from a spare HD cable feed (adaptor supplied with fans for such a connection).

Hope it helps (purchased through komplett.co.uk)

I put a Vantec Tornado on my heatsink about a week ago (in replace of a broken Panaflo), and it took the CPU temp down a couple of degrees, plus it's not even running full blast (my PSU regulates fan speeds). So far, the highest speed it has gone is only around 3500RPM, so I haven't heard it yet, but this definately one powerful fan with room to get some more air flow if needed.

vantec stealths baby...ive got two in my antec lanboy....man my hard drive makes more noise then the fans. it pushes 27cfm if im not mistaken but makes a mere 21db of sound.

also give panaflo a go as well.21db as well.

but if your hardcore the vantec tornado will do the trick...like the dude says.......RRRRRRRAaAaRRraaaR

lol

outz

My friend has a Vantec Tornado... I went over his house to test it. I could still hear the whine of the fan from two rooms away! Plus it pushes so much air, if you pumped power into the fan while it's sitting there on a desk, it propels itself! :eek:

i ahve a vantec stealth (wansn't cheap 20$CDN) and it is great but on my dads server there is a tornado and it is the best but it is also very loud so pick what one, loud or cost

If I was deaf, I would get the Vantec Tornado, but according to my friend, he's getting annoyed from the noise the Tornado makes. Worse then a Delta fan... :eek:
I think I might just stick to the adjustable Thermaltake ones. Thanks everyone! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back