Best 5900XT manufacturer?

Blade195

OSNN Addict
I'm looking for the best manufacturer for the GFFX 5900XT. I can't care less on what game bundles they'll give and the only concern would be the cards stability /quality / performance.

Also, there's one manufacturer that I know that is selling the card a bit overclocked in the memory clockspeed department for a little more money. Most 5900XTs' memories are clocked at 700MHz, but this one is 800MHz. How much difference will I see performance wise? If it yields 1 FPS or something insignificant like that, I'd rather save the money.

Thanx

I and buddies have had bad luck with factory overclocked video cards from Gainward. I strongly recommend avoiding them (Gainward and factory overclocked cards in general). Other failed video cards were from MSI (poorly assembled and misaligned heatsinks) and PNY (just died, no known cause).

The Powercolor cards I've seen have been well built. ASUS and GIGABYTE are reliable manufacturers.

At the price of a vid card it isn't worth saving 10% on price and then having the thing die (in or out of warranty). Whatever you get, don't go cheap, it will cost you in the long run. Look for a good brand with a rebate or sale price.

The most reliable (stable and long lived) video cards I've seen are from ATI and Powercolor (note Sapphire makes ATI branded cards for ATI but I have no personal experience with Sapphire).

Thanx for your reply. I was actually referring to the Geforce FX line specifically, though. Were you referring to these line of cards when you mentioned the Asus and Gigabyte? My friend is going to get one of the card very soon and he was asking if he should go with the extra 100MHz memory clockspeed card with a not so well known brand. I thought maybe it isn't a good idea to get a no brand with overclocking.

So if the performance difference ain't much from that 100 MHz extra clockspeed, I'd recommend him to get the better known brands. Thanx again.
Anymore suggestions with brands... and more insight on the extra clockspeed will be much appreciated. Thanx

I have an MSI FX5600XT and I have no problems, got a small core overclock and it's working fine still. My mate has a Leadtek 5950 and he is also impressed with that.

I have always liked Leadtek, with both my ti4600 and 5950 Ultra!!!

Yes, to the ASUS and GIGABYTE cards for the GE FX. They both make solid well buitl product

Asus are great. they usually come with great features and a killer support/warranty service :)

Blade195 said:
I'm looking for the best manufacturer for the GFFX 5900XT. I can't care less on what game bundles they'll give and the only concern would be the cards stability /quality / performance.

Also, there's one manufacturer that I know that is selling the card a bit overclocked in the memory clockspeed department for a little more money. Most 5900XTs' memories are clocked at 700MHz, but this one is 800MHz. How much difference will I see performance wise? If it yields 1 FPS or something insignificant like that, I'd rather save the money.

Thanx

Best value card I've seen yet is the Leadtek Winfast a350Xt TDH. I own one, and by following Jimmors BIOS modding thread on NVnews forums I have been able to safely overclock the card to 450Mhz GPU and 900Mhz RAM!!!

Be wary of pre OC'd XTs. The 5900XT is an already overlocked 5900NU (non ultra). They are being phased out. The best thing to do is look for a DECENT brand manufacturer, in this case Leadtek.

Cheers,

mezkal

if you're concerned about warranty, go with BFG! lifetime warranty.
Also their 5900xt come slightly overclocked (many had good experience with this card, as with almost all 5900xt's)...

you can prob hit 5950 speeds no prob. on core, and high oc on memory as well.
Leadtek makes good lookin' 5900xt... and I hear eVGA makes very good cards too. But again, BFG has LIFETIME warranty. (whatever that means... lifetime of card? lifetime of card production? eh? -_-; )

Blade195 said:
Best value card I've seen yet is the Leadtek Winfast a350Xt TDH. I own one, and by following Jimmors BIOS modding thread on NVnews forums I have been able to safely overclock the card to 450Mhz GPU and 900Mhz RAM!!!

mezkal said:
Be wary of pre OC'd XTs. The 5900XT is an already overlocked 5900NU (non ultra). They are being phased out. The best thing to do is look for a DECENT brand manufacturer, in this case Leadtek.

Actaully, 5900xts are UNDERCLOCKED 5900s...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back