Bersirc IRC Client

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I don't know how many people had previously used this client, but it was a nice client and excellent free alternative to the crap out there (read: mIRC)

Anyhow, it appears the project was sold
As of 10 February, 2004, Bersirc has been sold. It was sold for an undisclosed sum to Mr. N. Copeland who resides in the U.S.A. I have been told by Mr. Copeland that Bersirc development will continue.

I was the author of Bersirc from 1999 and it provided me with years of true pleasure. In the course of development I was able to work with some fantastic people. I have spent so many hours on IRC that I couldn't begin to count them. During that time I have made some great friends. It is my plan to continue chatting on IRC as time permits. My current nickname is either WraithX or WraithWk and I can be found on EFnet.

I wish to thank every person that helped me with ideas and snippets of code.

I am no longer contactable on my bersirc email addresses. From now you should use jamie@frater.com

-- Jamie Frater
and the guy who now owns it is a self confessed Open Source Zealot, which is a good thing in it's own right, but to add to that, Bersirc is now in the process of being ported to Linux and Mac OS X! \o/

One to keep an eye on, rival to HydraIRC I think ;) screenshots and more info: http://bersirc.free2code.net/

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I tried Besirc a while back and except for some visual gui glitches it was alright, but the visual glitches (like the menu disappearing) drove me back to mIRC Acidmax, since then I have become addicted to X-Chat :D

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Geffy said:
I tried Besirc a while back and except for some visual gui glitches it was alright, but the visual glitches (like the menu disappearing) drove me back to mIRC Acidmax, since then I have become addicted to X-Chat :D
Hopefully as it's going open source, glitches will be rectified quicker. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut