Bersirc IRC Client

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
I don't know how many people had previously used this client, but it was a nice client and excellent free alternative to the crap out there (read: mIRC)

Anyhow, it appears the project was sold
As of 10 February, 2004, Bersirc has been sold. It was sold for an undisclosed sum to Mr. N. Copeland who resides in the U.S.A. I have been told by Mr. Copeland that Bersirc development will continue.

I was the author of Bersirc from 1999 and it provided me with years of true pleasure. In the course of development I was able to work with some fantastic people. I have spent so many hours on IRC that I couldn't begin to count them. During that time I have made some great friends. It is my plan to continue chatting on IRC as time permits. My current nickname is either WraithX or WraithWk and I can be found on EFnet.

I wish to thank every person that helped me with ideas and snippets of code.

I am no longer contactable on my bersirc email addresses. From now you should use jamie@frater.com

-- Jamie Frater
and the guy who now owns it is a self confessed Open Source Zealot, which is a good thing in it's own right, but to add to that, Bersirc is now in the process of being ported to Linux and Mac OS X! \o/

One to keep an eye on, rival to HydraIRC I think ;) screenshots and more info: http://bersirc.free2code.net/

Nice! People have lots of truly free alternatives now. X-Chat, Hydra, and now this. :)

Gonna try get my mits on the Mac OS alpha/beta/preview :D

/me hugs Hydrairc

i still love it :p

I tried Besirc a while back and except for some visual gui glitches it was alright, but the visual glitches (like the menu disappearing) drove me back to mIRC Acidmax, since then I have become addicted to X-Chat :D

Geffy said:
I tried Besirc a while back and except for some visual gui glitches it was alright, but the visual glitches (like the menu disappearing) drove me back to mIRC Acidmax, since then I have become addicted to X-Chat :D
Hopefully as it's going open source, glitches will be rectified quicker. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back