BeOS

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Has anyone else ever tried BeOS, im actually posting this via BeOS :)
Under five minutes ive installed it, installed some nVidia drivers, and im now online surfing and IRC'ing and happily watching TV with it.
Just wondered what everyone else thinks of it.
(and yes, i know its no longer made, i found it on an old cd-rw :D )

I used it when the first version was released ... I used to be on 56k, and I got this on a CD that came with a computing magazine. :D

I thought it was a pretty cool OS, but I prefer to stick to XP Pro and Slackware. ;)

Tried BeOs two years ago and it was working fine at that time. Since then I wasn't thinking about it but it's a good idea to try it back.

Hope it will work with my XP 2100+ and A7V333....I will give it a try again:D

apparently BeOS is going open-source soon and will be re-released for free, like Linux is now..Cool:)

BeOS isn't going opensource, BeOS no longer exists, Be Inc. Sold out to Palm, who in turn decided to cease production of the o/s, but some people have taken on board the task of 100% re-creating the o/s and once that stage has been reached they will improve from where Be Inc. left off.
It will eventually be renamed from "Open BeOS" to something else becaore its publicly available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back