• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

BeOS

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Has anyone else ever tried BeOS, im actually posting this via BeOS :)
Under five minutes ive installed it, installed some nVidia drivers, and im now online surfing and IRC'ing and happily watching TV with it.
Just wondered what everyone else thinks of it.
(and yes, i know its no longer made, i found it on an old cd-rw :D )

I used it when the first version was released ... I used to be on 56k, and I got this on a CD that came with a computing magazine. :D

I thought it was a pretty cool OS, but I prefer to stick to XP Pro and Slackware. ;)

D

dustyputer

Tried BeOs two years ago and it was working fine at that time. Since then I wasn't thinking about it but it's a good idea to try it back.

Hope it will work with my XP 2100+ and A7V333....I will give it a try again:D

D

Daedalus

apparently BeOS is going open-source soon and will be re-released for free, like Linux is now..Cool:)

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
BeOS isn't going opensource, BeOS no longer exists, Be Inc. Sold out to Palm, who in turn decided to cease production of the o/s, but some people have taken on board the task of 100% re-creating the o/s and once that stage has been reached they will improve from where Be Inc. left off.
It will eventually be renamed from "Open BeOS" to something else becaore its publicly available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies