Bell Sympatico Problem (Canada)

A

allan03

hi

i use bell sympatico high speed edition (DSL). they dont yet hav a software for XP to connect to their servers.....so i use the PPPoE (built in XP). its been workin for a while now, and suddenely when my computer froze, i restarted then a problem occured. i cant seem to connect to the internet (sympatico) anymore. when i try to connect, its checkin my "pass" and then authenticates, and suddenly...an error occurs. its givin me a message sayin "720: registering ur computer on network error". its not the exact words but something like that. i hav TCP/IP enabled, and all the other types of option enbled, but i still can't connect. i called sympatico, and they didnt know what the problem was (stupid tech support)......they told me to update my ethernet card driver, but i told them that there was no update for it. all they said was return my comp to the manufacturer (so they we'rent any help). i was hopin that someone here has a suggestion or a solution. PLZ, can anyone help me out!!!!!!!!!.........i reinstalled windows and then the prob was fixed. but just incase it happens again, i dont wanna format and lose all my data and proggies. so plz help

ps. thanks everyone!

al:rolleyes:

You're a lucky bitch, I have sympatico too. Did you try to remove the connection in Network and Internet connections and re-create a new one? Also, if some firewlals will prevent a PPPoE connection to work (like Sygate Personal Firewal Pro), so you might want to check that out.

Removing the connection and re-doing it should fix most of the issues. If you still have problems after that, you might consider using the System Restore to go back to a configuration that worked. If that still doesn't work, well.. not many choices, try to uninstall/reinstall TCP/IP (if you know how) and if that doesn't work either, unfortunately, reinstall XP.

tried all of that.....except

thanks for the suggestion, but i tried all of that and nothing worked!!!!.....except, i haven't tried uninstalling TCP/IP (i don't think this will work) thing, but i don't know how to do that???....so pls help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back