Belkin 54G Network Card installation

midland45

OSNN One Post Wonder
I'm trying to test out a m8s Laptop on my wireless network (Belkin 54G). When I try and install the Belkin 54G Network Card in his Laptop (pentium 133) the laptop fails to detect the card during the installation. I know the 54G card is fine as it works in my Pentium 1Ghz laptop. Reading the literature I'm guessing my Belkin card will only work in newer pcmicia slots (Cardbus), so was wondering if an older (b) type wireless card would be detected and work.
Anyone got info on this please
thanxs
Midland45

the only thing i can say is everytime i have tried to install a PCMCIA card into my Compaq Presario Laptop (see sig for specs) they fail, i have tried a network card (10/100) and 56k Modem and a Bluetooth Card, the laptop usually runs Win2k Pro but it changes regularly :D

I am not sure whether it is an old hardware issue, or miss-compatibility issue? If it works in your 1Ghz Laptop which is obviously newer, then it would suggest to me that it was a hardware issue... i am not sure whether the older type card would work but if you could get your hands on an old/second-hand card, even for just a shot to test it before you pull up the cash :)

There is a very good chance that you have a 16 bit PCMCIA slot and that that card requires a 32 bit

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back