Belichick taping since 2000

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
Not sure what to think about this but would explain how a team could score so many points.

Bill Belichick has been illegally taping opponents' defensive signals since he became the New England Patriots' coach in 2000, according to Sen. Arlen Specter, who said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told him that during a meeting Wednesday. "There was confirmation that there has been taping since 2000, when Coach Belichick took over,'' Specter said

Source + Another

Last edited:
i bet they all do it, only difference is he's been caught

i bet they all do it, only difference is he's been caught
I bert they don't all do it, only some, and I bet he made sure nobody did it against him, I also bet whoever did do it made sure nobody was doing it to their team

ok then we can agree that its not a only him? its only him they have caught

I bert they don't all do it, only some, and I bet he made sure nobody did it against him, I also bet whoever did do it made sure nobody was doing it to their team

There lived 4 friends; Somebody, Anybody, Everybody and Nobody.

Somebody was taping signals, Everybody pointed fingers.
Anybody could tape signals, yet Nobody admitted to it.

Confused? I am. :laugh:

The real killer though, is who is Bert? :lick:

Here's an idea. Let's not punish the people who get caught taping simply because other people are probably doing it and haven't been caught yet.

X is bert.. not sure why he's mentioning X-Istence in all of this though.. didn't know he sniffed jock straps either.

i never said X was a pants sniffer - i am referring to a different bert, you are trying to start trouble :D

Here's an idea. Let's not punish the people who get caught taping simply because other people are probably doing it and haven't been caught yet.
that's a terrible idea and it's a bizarre position

the people that got caught are teh people that we know cheated, the people that didn't get caught you are somehow thinking are cheaters

here's an idea to toss around for a while, see how it fits;

some people aren't cheaters...others are not...winners are NEVER cheaters, a cheater wins NOTHING, he has stolen

hmmm...ever think of that?

it's getting really tired that you are defending this cheater with "I think everyone else is doing it so it's fine"

I have to say, that is one disapointing position to take

doesn't matter to me who cheated and what their excuse is, what team, where when or how many

the cheaters need to be shamed and punished so people don't think "it's fine if everyone does it"

I had some respect and regard for petit, now he's a looser, and I don't play favorites just because I once respected them or the team they play

Last edited:
that's a terrible idea and it's a bizarre position

the people that got caught are teh people that we know cheated, the people that didn't get caught you are somehow thinking are cheaters

here's an idea to toss around for a while, see how it fits;

some people aren't cheaters...others are not...winners are NEVER cheaters, a cheater wins NOTHING, he has stolen

hmmm...ever think of that?

it's getting really tired that you are defending this cheater with "I think everyone else is doing it so it's fine"

I have to say, that is one disapointing position to take

doesn't matter to me who cheated and what their excuse is, what team, where when or how many

the cheaters need to be shamed and punished so people don't think "it's fine if everyone does it"

I had some respect and regard for petit, now he's a looser, and I don't play favorites just because I once respected them or the team they play

Hey Perris, my post was absolutely 100% tongue-in-cheek sarcasm. It's an outrageous stance and I assumed it would be interpreted as a joke. I almost took it further by applying it to criminal justice in regards to thievery and murders, but I figured that wasn't necessary. ;) Anyway, of course anyone caught cheating, breaking rules, etc. should be punished, otherwise no precedent is set and there's no reason for people to not do it themselves.

Not sure what to think about this but would explain how a team could score so many points.

Source + Another

I don't even know why we are talking about this...

Here in the US hearsay is inadmissable in a court of law...

Is it different in the UK?

Someone told me Senator Specter's Best friend's sister was a crack-whore... :speechless:

Does the above make it true? :rolleyes:

They were already punished...

Mike A!

Hey Perris, my post was absolutely 100% tongue-in-cheek sarcasm. It's an outrageous stance and I assumed it would be interpreted as a joke. I almost took it further by applying it to criminal justice in regards to thievery and murders, but I figured that wasn't necessary. ;) Anyway, of course anyone caught cheating, breaking rules, etc. should be punished, otherwise no precedent is set and there's no reason for people to not do it themselves.
well that was well done tongue in cheek, you had me going

sorry I missunderstood:)

perris is just easily riled up.. i caught the sarcasm and was laughing my ass off that perris took it seriously (sorry perris! :) :p )

*pushes perris' button.. :)

Perris, how can you possibly defend this?

In the other thread about the Patriots losing in the Superbowl, you were equally adamant that this was not a bad thing because "everyone" does it and, maybe not your comment, but somoene said it was allegedly only 7 minutes of footage.

You berated me for them not being stripped of their highest pick. Hell, I think because of this finding, they should be stripped of all draft-picks from the first 5 rounds for the next couple of years.

Since 2000? That is almost a decade of spying on teams.

There are other accusations as well, but the consistent ones have been about Bellichek and, unlike the Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens cases, there is/was SOLID evidence (that was cleverly destroyed by the commish) that the spying occured.

And yet these illegal actions are not bashed while Clemens and Bonds are burnt at the stake? Hell, steroids and HGH werent' even illegal when they allegedly started taking them. Video-taping teams was.

In the other thread about the Patriots losing in the Superbowl, you were equally adamant that this was not a bad thing because "everyone" does it and, maybe not your comment, but somoene said it was allegedly only 7 minutes of footage.

You berated me for them not being stripped of their highest pick. Hell, I think because of this finding, they should be stripped of all draft-picks from the first 5 rounds for the next couple of years.

There are other accusations as well, but the consistent ones have been about Bellichek and, unlike the Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens cases, there is/was SOLID evidence (that was cleverly destroyed by the commish) that the spying occured.

And yet these illegal actions are not bashed while Clemens and Bonds are burnt at the stake? Hell, steroids and HGH werent' even illegal when they allegedly started taking them. Video-taping teams was.
you have the wrong guy sazar, I never said anyone who cheated shouldn't be stripped and I never defended anyone team that cheated, I don't care if it's seven minutes of cheating

these guys are punks

you're talking about someone else sazar, I can't stand these cheats, I can't stand the coaches who cheat and I can't stand the athletes who cheat

I was the person who said "of course the patriots lost, they weren't allowed to cheat"

I've had to compete against these maggots all my life and believe me, it isn't easy watching someone who was a twit 3 months ago become a mass of solid humanity and act like they actually won something

wrong person

Last edited:
The hoodie is shady. This is BS! Tainted Champions This should be fully investigated! What a crock. nothing is going to happen though......

you have the wrong guy sazar, I never said anyone who cheated shouldn't be stripped and I never defended anyone team that cheated, I don't care if it's seven minutes of cheating

these guys are punks

you're talking about someone else sazar, I can't stand these cheats, I can't stand the coaches who cheat and I can't stand the athletes who cheat

I was the person who said "of course the patriots lost, they weren't allowed to cheat"

I've had to compete against these maggots all my life and believe me, it isn't easy watching someone who was a twit 3 months ago become a mass of solid humanity and act like they actually won something

wrong person

ilu :D

Ahem...

That "other person" was me, and I did not berate you... I sumed it up nicely if you ask me...

They took away what the rules allowed them to take away and more...
by fining Belichick... the rules simply do not allow them to lose a first round pick which was gotten through trade negotiations...

I never once said they weren't cheating only that they were not the only ones taping... I guess we will never know who else was under suspicion, as you said yourself they destroyed the tapes...

I also said if you didnt like the rules to write the NFL and speak your piece...

In the end however, I believe your view will fall on deaf ears seeing as the NFL will only watchdog itself enough, so as to minimize scrutiny...

Its ALL about the BENJAMINS..

Benjamins.jpg

V/R,

Mike A!

Considering that all these sports leagues use so much public funding to further their growth, I think a little added oversight is hardly lacking.

I would prefer a BALANCED playing field than a dominating one. This is where college basketball is still awesome, because everyone has a chance of winning against anyone else on any given day and upsets are the rule of thumb, coupled with the single-elimination system of playoffs. In pro-sports in the states? Not so much.

It happens but the probability is a lot less and playoffs are a torturous affair.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back