becoming a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee

Is it really fair that some users here have paypal or other donation links on their sigs?

It's becoming annoying does it say in the rules you can have such begging bowls?

I was told no. I tried to start a fundraiser a while back for my mom when she was about to lose her house and was told that while the forum feels baddly for the situation but they could not allow me asking for/or placing a link for donations to help.

it is not strictly against the rules, this would be better off in feedback. i dont think a donation link in sig is bad, as long as it has a clear goal such as "laptop fund" and a progress of the fund :cool:

I can understand if it's for like you, your mother is about to lose her home I understand that and I know what it is like to live on the streets I know a roof over your head is needed for all.

A laptop? This is for material and personal gain. This is what a job is for. The other one I saw had no indication it was for a good cause, it was a plain pay pal link.

I find it cheesy, very cheesy.

Glad someone brought this up. I was thinking it was getting a bit much too.

No one said you have to click the link in the sig.

You want to put a link in your sig that's fine, don't start a thread begging for money ... for anything

the fact we give and ask for help, should not extend to money under any circumstance, not with the rip off scams all over the internet. and i remember Maveric169's post, and the replys, so it was already set in stone after that post, the rules set then should be upheld, go beg on ebay...

You want help... no prob.

You want money... prob.

Very plain... very simple. :)

Wow, I'm proud of myself. I read every post and have never noticed the paypal links. I've succeeded. I have a built in charity filter in my vision. :)

PS I have a crippled friend who has a web site begathon for a new video card. He can't get a job, and welfare is kinda limited, so there are real reasons for asking for hardware help. (If you feel shamed by my comment let me know and I will give you the link so you can feel better by sending him a few bucks.) ;)

leejend i plan on upgrading my card in the near future can he use a geforce 3 ti200?

We would all like random people to send us money.. but it's not going to happen.

Kill it, I say.

i told u speedy, not until services renderd are recieved in full ;)

crap.. I was about to add a paypal link to my sig because I was feeling hungry and wanted some money to go buy a taco... guess that's out of the question now

hahahahaha... it better be a real taco. Not one of them Taco Bell tacos. :p

In Texas I'd hope he could get a real taco. I miss living in cali and being able to get real mexican food.

dreamliner77 said:
In Texas I'd hope he could get a real taco. I miss living in cali and being able to get real mexican food.

Here ya go. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back