becoming a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee

Is it really fair that some users here have paypal or other donation links on their sigs?

It's becoming annoying does it say in the rules you can have such begging bowls?

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
I was told no. I tried to start a fundraiser a while back for my mom when she was about to lose her house and was told that while the forum feels baddly for the situation but they could not allow me asking for/or placing a link for donations to help.

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
it is not strictly against the rules, this would be better off in feedback. i dont think a donation link in sig is bad, as long as it has a clear goal such as "laptop fund" and a progress of the fund :cool:

L

Lee

I can understand if it's for like you, your mother is about to lose her home I understand that and I know what it is like to live on the streets I know a roof over your head is needed for all.

A laptop? This is for material and personal gain. This is what a job is for. The other one I saw had no indication it was for a good cause, it was a plain pay pal link.

I find it cheesy, very cheesy.

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
No one said you have to click the link in the sig.

You want to put a link in your sig that's fine, don't start a thread begging for money ... for anything

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
the fact we give and ask for help, should not extend to money under any circumstance, not with the rip off scams all over the internet. and i remember Maveric169's post, and the replys, so it was already set in stone after that post, the rules set then should be upheld, go beg on ebay...

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Wow, I'm proud of myself. I read every post and have never noticed the paypal links. I've succeeded. I have a built in charity filter in my vision. :)

PS I have a crippled friend who has a web site begathon for a new video card. He can't get a job, and welfare is kinda limited, so there are real reasons for asking for hardware help. (If you feel shamed by my comment let me know and I will give you the link so you can feel better by sending him a few bucks.) ;)

n0d3

the 4um stalker
crap.. I was about to add a paypal link to my sig because I was feeling hungry and wanted some money to go buy a taco... guess that's out of the question now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut