Battlestar Galactica

TheBlueRaja

BR to Some
Just watched the 3 hour "remake" of Battlestar Galactica, and it absolutely rocks.

If they can take this level of writing through to the recently announced series then i think we could have a classic on the way.

The only gripe i have is that i just cant get over Starbuck as a woman - no i aint being sexist - its just, well, not what i expected.

I wouldnt call it a re-make since that would say they just updated the original.... I would say they did a lot more than that. They gave it some great quailities. Starbuck as a woman was my only gripe. I thought the story line was much better and the quality and story line were above par. Muc much better than the campy 80's original.
From what I have read they are making it into a series again with certain twists and turns in the story line. Some episodes like Pegasus from the original the current producers want to update and redo. It was a much better mini movie than I had expected.

I though some of the touches were really good, like how when they switched to space shots that everything was muted, the missiles that spread out from the cylon ships just made you think S*******T, and the camera shake added something else to it too.

And lets not forget some quality weaponry too - Nukes.... It added a sense of fear and dread that you dont normally get from a program like that. Usually you would fear a character or a race, ala star trek, but in those programs it never mounted upto much, yet right from the start we have and enemy that is utterly feared by all.

I just hope they dont tame them down a bit, like Star Trek did with the Borg.

It is on sky movies tomorrow and the day after.
Sadly the conclusion clashes with CSI so I won't be watching it.

If you watch the first one, i guarantee you will find a way to see the second.

hmmm need to watch this just got the orgional series on DVD and it still rocks cheesy yes but did that make the a-team bad ? its got a lot to live up will have to try to see it

Watched both, and will be watching the series now! Yeh Starbuck's a burd, nevermind - I think we'd have moaned anyway cos it isn't "Face" from the A-team anymore! The Cylons are more scary now than when I was a wee nipper bak in the 70's!

Yeah, so we got stargate and battlestar galactica.

plus buzzcocks is back on tv.
its just too much :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back