Battlefield 2142 Demo

Update: I finally got hounded into buying the game by my buddies since the V1.05 patch came out today.

The demo bugs all seem to be gone or are so rare they aren't worth worrying about and several exploits have been fixed in the V1.05 patch. I can't beleive anyone came by scores of 150k this soon after release legitimately.

The ad's are there (adrenoline beer from Intel and some others I was dying too fast to read). They are fairly unobtrusive so far.

The map colors are pretty dreary compared to UT2004, BF & BF2. Very lacking in eye candy appeal. Some are all brown and white or grey and white. This is intentional, but not what I pay big bucks on HW to see.

The initial bare bones kits are pretty wimpy and you need to rack up the unlock points fast unless you enjoy being slaughtered by superior firepower.

The air ground firepower is more uniformly distributed than in BF2. Ground pounding is actually survivable.

Some of the vehicles and weapons are still kind of flaky in my opinion. Weird aiming and control.

The ideas ripped from Tribes (cloaks, auto implantable gun turrets) have way too much force multiplier in them and should be rebalanced. Same for the walker's, they have too much of an edge over other weapon systems. This advantage may go away as the unlocks start streaming in. But if you want to survive and get points grab a walker!

Back to the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back