Battlefield 1942 wont run

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
I've just installed battlefield 1942 and I cant get the game to run. When I try to run the game the splash screen comes up then goes the a blank screen comes up and goes then nothing. I've put in the latest patch to see if it makes any difference but it did'nt. Can anyone help me? Please.

hi
i had the same problems, and realized that was a refresh problem, if you installed refreshlock or refreshforce, be sure to disable any 60hz tweaking, after that, run bf1942, and it will run at 60hz, but it will run
its a pain but, it has to be done

Or after installing 1.2 patch, find "VideoDefault.con" which should be under mods/ bf1942/settings/ in your ea games folder (if your version 1.2, since the directory structure was changed in that version) and change the line using notepad

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0

to

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

go into program files/ea games/ BF 1942/mods/bf 1942/settings and open the file videodefault with notepad, edit or put in this line to allow the value to read 1

and try again.

If that's the case that you are using a refresh rate fix utility you must make a small change in BF's VideoDefault.con file. This will then show/allow all the refresh rates that are available with your monitor when you go to video options in the game. You will no longer need any utility to have a proper refresh rate. I am confused as to why EA chose to lock the game into 60hz though.

With SP1 installed you can now change refresh rates for all D3D games. If you have any OpenGL games, though, you will still need a refresh rate utility.

A good BF tweaking page, which explains more fully can be found here:
http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=420

"I am confused as to why EA chose to lock the game into 60hz though. "

apparently it was over looked considering some of the bugs the game was shipped a bit early although it is in my opinon the best game at the moment still come on 1.3 patch!!.

thank's folks. I took out the refresh tool and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Hope they fix it in the next patch

erm did you change that line that we mentioned a few times here? thats your problem it would work and you can run it at any refresh rate then with any refresh rate tool, infact you can select the refresh rate ingame once you change that line.

Originally posted by bandworthy
Or after installing 1.2 patch, find "VideoDefault.con" which should be under mods/ bf1942/settings/ in your ea games folder (if your version 1.2, since the directory structure was changed in that version) and change the line using notepad

renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0

to

I found the icon ok but I don't know how to change it using notepad. Do I right click on it or something?and is there an option in there. I've read about people doing this sort of thing before but I've never had do do it myself so I don't know how to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back