Battery level icon on taskbar gone.

SunriseSunset

OSNN Newbie
When I first started using my laptop, the battery icon on the taskbar was there, but now it's disappeared for no reason. The FAQ said to right click the taskbar, go to properties, notification area and then check the boxes, but the boxes won't let me. The FAQ said that means I need permission from the administrator, but I am the administrator.

Can anyone help please?

are you able to access msconfig? Maybe your notebook is infected by virus. It happened to me once before but i can recall the virus name though.

Or another thing is maybe u can have a look at the local security settings to see if anyone meddles the stuff there

I can access msconfig. What did do you when you got there?

I hope it's not a virus. I just go the computer, maybe less than two weeks ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back