Bat file and html

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
I have a web site and when a user clicks on a link i want it to run a bat file. How am I able to do this?

You want it to run a bat file on the users machine? or do you want to run a bat file on the server?

if its the first one just do a link to the bat file, but then they'd have to download it an run it (otherwise it would be a massive security risk, and would only work for windows people)

if its the second, the only way I can think of atm is to use scripting language such PHP to do it by linking to a page with the code which calls the bat file and then running whatever the link is.

Sounds odd though, why do you want to do it?

I want to do the second one. Its kind of like a end of day function. Copying moving and renaming files.

If you Right click the link and do open it works. Is there a way to make it do this by default?

:edit:

How about this for example....

When you go to the a site to install flash, it automaticly try to install. i.e run the installer?

Is there a way to do this with a batch file?

OK i figured it out for now, I linked to the folder where the bat file is located which opens inside a frame. From there they can just click on the file and click yes.

(This is a local site, intranet)

If you know any other ways let me know.

First you say you want to run it on the server and then all your attempts are run on the client. Even the solution. It's a little backwards, but if it's intranet and it works and you can live with it, go ahead. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back