Banishing ME

Bytes Back

Ex Police Chief
I originally set up my machine with ME on the primary hard disk and XP on the secondary. Now I want to bin ME but keep XP.

Because of the boot meny I cant just format the ME drive. I know that XP looks for :

ntdetect.com
ntldr
boot ini

Can I safely leave just these files on C and then carry on booting xp from D

you may be able to do it with a boot manager

but personally i would format and have XP on C: everything will just run so much better

If I didn't know better, i'd think you were being ultimately lazy sqeeeeeeeky. Low level the thing and be done.

An excellent boot manager and completly free :) is made by a group call xosl (xtended operating system loader. You have to install it on the root of one of the partitions so you could install it on d: and then clear c:, it should be fine but i would still go with the recommendation of flattening and rebuilding. You can use the files and settings wizard before hand and make a back up of your info so you should only be offline for a few hours!!! happy days :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back