bandwidth restrictor?

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
i have a network set up where i want the other computer to only have maximum download. say @ 10k/sec at max. is there any application outthere that can restrict a limit on this. reason being is when i play cs, and outside is just browsing, it emm yea, im sure u guys/gals get the idea. any help is appreciated.

hi, thx jimi_81, but is there a way without putting the program on a server. cuz im connected via a wireless router, to my comp and another. my comp tru wireless and the other true cat5.

Man. I've forgotten the name of the proggie. Sorry. :(
Didn't bother remembering it to be honest because it meant that I had to install the thing on each and every machine that wanted to share my internet connection in order to limit it's usage. Too much of a hassle, would rather have the manufacturers like Linksys, Netgear to implement such an option for bandwidth restriction within their routers.

dohz, if u could try remember that would be great. cuz im only gonna install it on one machine so its not that bad. thankx in advance

have you tried the bandwidth controller? it should still work on the machine.

omg, haha i was looking for the same thing as well. hahha. well iim gonna give netlimter a shot. that bandwidth controller will reset my network configuration to work. =/ i cant be stuffed to do tht again...thx again ming

I know this thread is a little old, but I found a program called net-peeker. I was looking for something becuase my brother had 50 downloads in kazza and 5 torrents going at once, and we have 3 other computers on the home network. Amyways I've taken a look at this net peeker and I've found it better then netlimiter IMHO. It has a global option so that you can set a global d/l and/or u/l speed or you can do it by application, you can set up bandwidth rules much like you would firewall rules. I havn't played with it in depth yet but one nice thing is that you can password protect it, which was a requirement for me. It also has a built in firewall and a few other tools, which I have yet to use.

The only downside I've found is that it's not free, but you can't have everything.

James

**I tried to post a link but it kept coming up with some sort of inappropriate site, and I'm too tired to figure out why. Just google for netpeeker and it's the first hit I think.

jpom said:
I know this thread is a little old, but I found a program called net-peeker. I was looking for something becuase my brother had 50 downloads in kazza and 5 torrents going at once, and we have 3 other computers on the home network. Amyways I've taken a look at this net peeker and I've found it better then netlimiter IMHO. It has a global option so that you can set a global d/l and/or u/l speed or you can do it by application, you can set up bandwidth rules much like you would firewall rules. I havn't played with it in depth yet but one nice thing is that you can password protect it, which was a requirement for me. It also has a built in firewall and a few other tools, which I have yet to use.

The only downside I've found is that it's not free, but you can't have everything.

James

**I tried to post a link but it kept coming up with some sort of inappropriate site, and I'm too tired to figure out why. Just google for netpeeker and it's the first hit I think.

That sounds like a great program. I'll probably need something similar to that when I set up my first home network in a couple of weeks. Here's that link:

NetPeeker

vivid

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back