bad soundcard?

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
if some of you remember i blew out my speakers a few weeks ago. so now that i got replacement speakers they sound a load better but something bothers me. in winamp when i change the equalizer setting i dont hear changes. like i would go from a livew setting to a full bass and trebble setting to a pop setting or something and wont hear anything different. i bet its my soundcard but is this kind of problem enough evidence to justify buying a new card or do i need to do more tests? thanks in advance.

edit: i have a sound blaster live! that came with my computer when i bought it april of last year.

do you have the little "ON" button clicked on the eq? there should be a little grean light lit up if it is.

alright i think i got it to work now. but when i went to best buy today i saw and was listening to the altec lansing vs4121 there are $30 more and sounded great. does anyone have any experiences with these new ones and how do they compare to my altec lansing 2100's

I wouldn't really know I bought Klipsch promedia 5.1's. You might want to start a new thread, asking about those speakers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back