Bad router? *hlp

NightHawk_450

OSNN Addict
I have a D-link DI-704P Router....

About once a day I have to power off and power on, in order to obtain my cable connection. The gate way shows up and my lan ip. There are 4 computers on my network

3 RUNNING XP........ONE ME

help would be asppreiated :)

Err... what's wrong then? :confused:

(I have the same router btw)

Same router here too :)

Do you mean you lose your cable connection once a day, and you need to re-obtain it by powering off and on?

If so, it's because your DHCP lease might be expiring. To solve the problem, get into your web-based router config, go to the "Setup" menu and check the "Renew IP forever" box. Then power off the router, and turn it on again.

I too have this problem with my linksys router. I didn't have this problem until recently when AT&T was taken over by Comcast. I have to cycle the router and occasionally do the release and renew via the cmd window so everything is sync'd up. I don't have any option in my setup or advanced selections that would enable me to always maintain my IP. I thought the router would automatically renew the IP upon expiration, guess I thought wrong. It's a little annoying but easy to fix.
If anyone can shed some light on my rather dark mind, I'd really appreciated it.
Thanks in advance

you answered my question thanks everyone! worked perfectly ever since......thanks lots :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back