Bad Performance on Geforce 4 Ti4200

I

isoacid

Ok when I play games like cs, the fps will be high untill around 4 people are in front of me or around me. They stay at around 40 untill I look away or the people are out of my screen. My geforce 4 is a 128mb.
My comp is a Vaio Rx650
My specs are
1.6ghz
512ddram
I have set the agp speed at 4x and the settings are too high. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

nope, even on the LOWEST settings itll lag like i said before [ the same way, when ppl are on screen ]

Trade me for my gf3 ti 200. You will kick major ass with it!!

i am gona toss a coin in the air, i DO NOT OWN a gforce4 not even a Gforce3 this is ALL from other forums and irc chats, so keep the flames to yourself :D

i've heard that any gforce3 is WAY better than any Gforce4, and i've read numerous post that seem to agree on that one, i remember seeing a post with the same exact problem except he had it on all games low fps as far as i know there is no known fix for it but hey i have not looked for any either.

I don't think that helps much but just some info i've encountered

so my only suggestions would be to try and tweak the card on the nview settings, maybe it will help but i am not really sure.

not much help but hey it's some info i've read elsewhere :D

nIabI

Originally posted by niabi
i've heard that any gforce3 is WAY better than any Gforce4, and i've read numerous post that seem to agree on that one, i remember seeing a post with the same exact problem except he had it on all games low fps as far as i know there is no known fix for it but hey i have not looked for any either.
GF3 is better than GF4MX (both performance and features) but not GF4Ti. GF4Ti is alot faster.

i've heard that any gforce3 is WAY better than any Gforce4

well well... if it's true, then those at NVIDIA R&D or watever will gonna get busted by its mgmt.

well i can't remember what it is, but in my cs days there was a command to set max fps, i set mine to 100 and got an instant increase from 40 fps to 97, you might want to look into it. You can set it to what you like. it may need to go in your .cfg though.

as for overall performace, it is strange, gf4ti4200 perform really well, you may need to look at cooling or something to get the most out of it. overclocking provides a huge increase, and turn off anti aliasing, turn vsncy off. Make sure you are running cs in opengl as well, as it is much better than D3D. (its in video settings)

hope that helps

Thats weird!!!

My MSI G4 ti4200 128mb performs quite well on CS, i still believe i can get more out of it, i use QUINCUNX and disabled ANISTROPIC FILTERING and disabled VSYNC too, and get an avg of 79 fps, i think the lowest it has gone down to is 70..... i use OpenGL and resolution at 1280x1024.... i am currently using 30.30 leaked drivers and the 4in1 4.41 betas...... those improved my performance also, my 3d mark 2001se score is 8872 (not o/c'd), what are your scores (ISOACIDE and BOOTSY)?? what specs do you guys have?? (mobo make, card make, etc...)

RaZoR

ps... in UT2k3 build 927, my fps ranges from 30-70fps with NORMAL detail at 1024x768x32 :( ... when i set it to ULTRAHIGH i get major lag from 20-60fps, i hope i can get more when the final comes out!!!

goto www.guru3d.com.. and download the GTU utility. It allows you to change settings for your card that ARE NOT in control Panels display properties.

Try the above and ENABLING any buffer option (triple buffer), unified buffer. Disable VSYNC.. and set render frames ahead to 3. for D3D & OpenGL. --- this all applies to GTU program.

checkout the indepth explanatiuons of all options.. it works wonders. :D

My score on 3dmark2001 is a baffling 4509 (best, not o/c'd). I used to get around 8000 before I formatted so this is very irritating. My specs are as follows:
ASUS A7A266 (ali chipset) mobo
Athlon 1ghz CPU
Pixelview Gforce 4 Ti4200 (128 mgs)
WD 60gig HD (7200 rpm)
786 mgs CRUCIAL memory (at pc-133)
blah
help
please

WOW!!! what a performance drop!!!

hmmm, something is F$@#'ed up, hehe, try this, FORMAT then reinstall windows xp, then do a windows update, then install latest 4in1's (4.41(a)'s i think) then install NVIDIA drivers, then download 3dmark 2001 se, then defrag then run 3dmark 2001 and cross your fingers, before all that make sure your settings are correct in your BIOS, (AGP set to auto or 4x, RAM settings are at fastest possible, UDMA is on, ie..), thats my usual routine when i install XP (every month :mad: )....i hope this cures your pc....

RaZoR

ps... before doing all this, are you sure VSYNC/FSAA/ANISTROPIC settings are disabled??? try fiddling around with NVIEW settings and/or downlaod GEFORCE TWEAK UTILITY (as STUY_B mentioned).....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back