Bad NIC?

Z

ZipTriX

I have a Linksys NIC v5. Whenever I search for a file on WinMX, I get the BSOD,

Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1

I have tried the default XP drivers and still crash. :(
Would it be safe to assume that the NIC is bad?

Does Exploer and browsing work? Doesn't seem logical that your NIC would be bust because of one program......:confused:

If it crashes when using WinMX, more than likely it will crash when using accessing the internet in general.

But does it....?

I used to have a problem similar with iMesh, the rest of the net was fine. Then they changed the build and the problem disapeared...

this is from another thread about the same error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

_____Click_this_to_copy_this_answer_to_your_clipbo
ard_______

You have some driver or card that needs updating.

Installing an old version of EZ CD Creator with Direct CD will cause this,

bad RAID or SCSI drivers, and other reasons

If applicable, apply the upgrade to XP downloadable from Roxio's web site.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/index.html

found this on this site >>>>>

http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message seems it is a driver of some kind that needs updating

gonna keep looking

The link to this thread is: Click here

I hope this helps :D

EmpireTank: My Linksys is version 5 not version 4. The drivers that XP installs for it, by default, are version 4. I have tried both and both times my pc crashes.

sboulema: No help there. :( I can use my Realtek NIC and have no problems at all. Use the Linksys and BSOD everytime. :(

Thanks for the help so far.

ok this is what you should do..... put the loudest cd in your stereo and proceed to bash the sh*t out of the NIC then go out and get a dif one if that one doesnt work start from the beginning of my thread..... lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back