Bad Mobo?

W

Waldo

Got a new Asus P4t533c and I get a "Drive A failed" message and post stops there. I have tried 3 different floppy drives and cables plus 2 power supplies. Anyone vote for a bad motherboard or have any other ideas? Thanks.

Are you sure you connected all of them correctly? The red line on the ribbon is close to the power supply? Does the light stay on, or does it come on at all?

go into bios and disable the floppy drive altogether.

unless you still use it. then dosconnect the cable from the drive and turn it over. did that wrong once or twice.

I get no light at all, with any of the floppy drives. The cable is connected correctly.

*Votes bad floppy connector*

And unless you really use it, just disable it. Or send it back if you have warranty left.

Thanks for the replies but I can't disable it as it won't post to get to BIOS. I get the same error message with the floppy drive disconnected.

nick a floppy drive and cable out of another machine, and dont tell anyone.

Does it say what drive causes the error? Perhaps the hdd or cd? (i'm just guessing...)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back