Bad Luck

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
What an interesting day yesterday was.
At 7:00 a friend and I went to grab some Chinese take out. (My friend was driving)
We pulled into the chinese restaurant parking lot and sat idle figuring out what we were going to order. Meanwhile a white jeep cherokee seemed impatient to get out, thus my friend backed up, he backed up, just a litttle to far.
He hat a sort of post that came out of the ground, the post popped the "bumper cover" off his car, snapping the plastic thing that held it in place, this was the first of his bad luck.
Pissed, we went to CVS to get some liquid nails (to glue the bumper on).
We pick up the food and head back to my house.
since it was like 30 degrees out, i told my friend to pull his car into the garage. I can fit my Mitsubishi Montero in the garage no problem, I pulled that forward in the garage and told my friend to come in.
Apparently my friend can not judge turns at all, as i run to grab some paper towels to clean the back bumper, he hits the site of the garage; white paint all over his car. This is a Honda Pilot, although it is still an SUV, it had plenty of room to get into the garage (7 inches or more on each side (mirrors).
So, we begin our night, with a razor blade, and a wire brush, peeling the paint away off his car, millimeter, by millimeter.
To top off all my friends bad luck for the night, as he was walking around the car to check the bumper glue situation, his watch band breaks and its my garage floor, smashed to ****.

So, that was my night.
I have yet to talk to him today, to see if the bumper held.
I guess I'll tell ya when i know.

Cheerio!

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political User
Sounds like a normal day in the life of my hubby, he has to be the unluckiest man ever :laugh:

At 7:00 a friend and I went to grab some Chinese take out.
What does the sentence mean?

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
haha!!!!! your first post......quality.

well it means...a chinease take away....some chinease food you buy from a shop and take it home to eat.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
Wow,
I dont think i have ever heard of someone not knowing what take out is.

Because English is not my mother language,I couldn't catch the exact meaning of the sentence.And it was my first time to be here.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
At 7:00 a friend and I went to grab some Chinese take out.
What does the sentence mean?
It means buying food from a restaurant but instead of eating it at the restaurant you "take it out" and eat at home.

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Because English is not my mother language,I couldn't catch the exact meaning of the sentence.And it was my first time to be here.
Ah, well ok. My apologies then, but perhaps an introduction would have been appropriate as well. :) At any rate, welcome to OSNN if you decide to stick around.

Thank you all!
I'm Ellie Han from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications of China.
And it was my search engine that brought me here several days before.Then I found that it is a wonderful place.When I came in the Green Room,I read the Bad Luck and found that I couldn't understand it very well.Then came my first post.:p Thanks to your posts,I know the exact meaning now.We call it 外卖 in Chinese.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swipk8