bad lag problems when doing more than one thing

belveder

OSNN Senior Addict
I have this issue where I get a lag problem when I am doing more than one thing at a time, for example, if I am on Facebook on one monitor and trying to watch a movie or an avi at the same time on the other monitor I get bad lag, like a very quick pause, some times even a full freeze for up to a minute. I am using Windows 7 64 bit but went back to Vista 64 bit the other to test and had the same problem there. The browser is Firefox (tried in safe mode which made a bit of difference but didn't fix it) Any help would be appreciated Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x 2 GB Kits Kingston Hyper memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Soundcard Geforce GTX 285 Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling 2 x Acer 233H 23" Monitors Logitech G5 2007 Mouse Logitech G5 rev2 Keyboard

That is because of the resources it is using ..

I realise that but this has just become an issue, never had lag to this severity till recently, the only thing different that I have done is bought the two new monitors

I noticed it with facebook as well. Especially if you are using one of the flash games in it. It seems to use more resources than normal.

Facebook is a HORRIBLE site, it will/does lag most everything. Trying to do that while doing something semi CPU intensive (movie a watching) on another monitor no less is going to make you lag. :) Perhaps use Facebook lite?

I realise what you are saying about Facebook, I have been keeping a close eye on Process Explorer and have noticed that not much what I do makes a difference with the lag, but we have another pc in a different room which is connected through the same router, when that one is being used at the same time for the internet then that's when the lag gets real bad, that is an old pc using XP.

Because the rest of the family use that one I can't keep it turned of lol, so any ideas on how to stop this?

Thanks again

I realise what you are saying about Facebook, I have been keeping a close eye on Process Explorer and have noticed that not much what I do makes a difference with the lag, but we have another pc in a different room which is connected through the same router, when that one is being used at the same time for the internet then that's when the lag gets real bad, that is an old pc using XP.

Because the rest of the family use that one I can't keep it turned of lol, so any ideas on how to stop this?

Thanks again

If your router has it, you need to adjust QoS in the router so the XP pc does not hog all the bandwidth.

yes my router does, it's a Netcomm NB9WMAXX, never done the QOS thing, something new to learn lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back