• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

bad lag problems when doing more than one thing

belveder

OSNN Senior Addict
I have this issue where I get a lag problem when I am doing more than one thing at a time, for example, if I am on Facebook on one monitor and trying to watch a movie or an avi at the same time on the other monitor I get bad lag, like a very quick pause, some times even a full freeze for up to a minute. I am using Windows 7 64 bit but went back to Vista 64 bit the other to test and had the same problem there. The browser is Firefox (tried in safe mode which made a bit of difference but didn't fix it) Any help would be appreciated Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU 2 x 2 GB Kits Kingston Hyper memory 1066MHz MSI P35 Platinum Combo Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro Soundcard Geforce GTX 285 Video card Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU Compro T750 HDTV Dual Tuner PCI Card Thermaltake Bigwater 745 water cooling 2 x Acer 233H 23" Monitors Logitech G5 2007 Mouse Logitech G5 rev2 Keyboard

belveder

OSNN Senior Addict
I realise that but this has just become an issue, never had lag to this severity till recently, the only thing different that I have done is bought the two new monitors

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
I noticed it with facebook as well. Especially if you are using one of the flash games in it. It seems to use more resources than normal.

Xie

- geek -
Facebook is a HORRIBLE site, it will/does lag most everything. Trying to do that while doing something semi CPU intensive (movie a watching) on another monitor no less is going to make you lag. :) Perhaps use Facebook lite?

belveder

OSNN Senior Addict
I realise what you are saying about Facebook, I have been keeping a close eye on Process Explorer and have noticed that not much what I do makes a difference with the lag, but we have another pc in a different room which is connected through the same router, when that one is being used at the same time for the internet then that's when the lag gets real bad, that is an old pc using XP.

Because the rest of the family use that one I can't keep it turned of lol, so any ideas on how to stop this?

Thanks again

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
I realise what you are saying about Facebook, I have been keeping a close eye on Process Explorer and have noticed that not much what I do makes a difference with the lag, but we have another pc in a different room which is connected through the same router, when that one is being used at the same time for the internet then that's when the lag gets real bad, that is an old pc using XP.

Because the rest of the family use that one I can't keep it turned of lol, so any ideas on how to stop this?

Thanks again
If your router has it, you need to adjust QoS in the router so the XP pc does not hog all the bandwidth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown