Backup My PC

Pssst allan - please look at my initial post and "check it out here":D :D

I think this gives a little more info!

I thought the program was used for more than Disaster Recovery.

I may not be the smartest cookie in the world - but if it gives ya a choice of a differental or incremental backup - that sounds pretty traditional to me. No??:confused: :confused:

Sorry damnyank - didn't check out the link originally. Also just saw your post on my site. ;)

damnyank - I'm going to respond to your email here because the answer may be beneficiail to others who are in doubt regarding various backkup methods:

Imaging is clearly the best possible backup method - either Norton Ghost or Drive Image. I own and have used both, but a couple of monts ago I switched from Ghost to DI 2002 - it's just more user friendly and I've had fewer problems with compression. These programs create a "snapshot" of your hard drive - partition info and all. You can choose to just Image one file, one folder, one partition or the entire hard disk. If you do the latter and restore to a new hard disk, you will precisely recreate the orignal drive - partitions and all. It is a perfect backup method because it is a bit for bit copy. I image my boot drive to another drive regularly and to CDR's less frequently.

Second, I maintain a folder on my E: drive named "Backup". In this folder I have several sub-folders (Netscape, MS Office, ERUNT Registry, Templates, Word, Windows, etc.). Here I copy key user proferences, .ini files, .inf files, bookmarks, etc. Pretty much anything I want a backup of in case the original becomes corrupted.

Third I keep CD and Zip backups of downloaded software, my BACKUP folder, key data files, and anything else I don't want to lose.

So that's my backup system and regimen. It works for me. But the bootom line is -- whatever method(s) you choose, be sure to do some form of backkup. At the very minimum - backup your data files.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere, sometime.;)

BackUp MyPC (Formerly Backup Exec Desktop by Veritas)
I have used Backup Exec - the latest version was excellent! it's one onf the few back-up programs out there than can back up to anything other than a tape-backup.
I also used it to back up to a another HDD - worked well.

Thanx all for the feedback - hopefully someone else will have some input on this program.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back