K

KoRn-Child

I'm sure this was already answered....
I have a cdr and a 250mbZip, I want to back up
"My Documents" Which should I use? I'm leaning towards
using my CDR. (Due to the fact that I don't want
to buy 30 zip disks) Are there any FREE apps to help
me back up my stuff using a cdr?

Well I agree that the cdr is the better choice. As to your other question what do you mean by helping you to put the stuff on cdr? If you have Windows XP you already have some cd burning software.

If you want to I suggest you check out this thead.

Compiled: Free Software

What are you wanting to back up. Documents or mp3's? As Chastity already said xp has a burner included which would be good if you are adding & changing frequently the 'my documents' folder.

BurningFolders

I'd like to Backup mp3, vids and docs...My whole "My Documents"
folder...What software does my XP give me for burning? How
can I use it?....Thanx a lot I'm an old head for pcs but a newbie
in the burning department....

Well the software is a basic version of Roxio's Easy Cd Creator. Now has to how to gain access to it I'm not sure since I don't use XP for burning cds so instead of misleading you using the built in software I will not explain how to use it. I will suggest that you get either Easy Cd Creator and all of the updates or Nero as you will be able to do more with cdrs but that is just a suggestion.

If you haven't got easy cd or nero & want to turn on xp's burner open windows explorer & right click the buner drive letter. Select propertites. You can turn it on in there. It will then act like a floppy so you can keep adding & making changes till the cd is full.

Re: BurningFolders

Originally posted by KoRn-Child
Thanx a lot I'm an old head for pcs but a newbie
in the burning department....

I can see that in your avatar, you got your head burned :p

Turns out I do have nero...I've just always used MusicMatch Paid.
Can anyone direct me into making a back up w/ nero...giving me
a few tips or "the smart way" in doing it? Thanx I'm almost there :)
Octopus u don't think i'm pretty? lol

If you turned on xp's burner first thing to is turn it off. Once nero is loaded it has wizards to guide you. Have a play with it. Not very hard to figure out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back