BackStealth Security Test is Trojan

D

Device

It's a trojan. Why is this article on the front page? Clearly it should be more fitting on astalavista or sites like that.

Any programmer with the tools can change it and make it d/l something else. Like a virus or even more harmful trojan. I didn't think this site was about that stuff.

Originally posted by Device
It's a trojan. Why is this article on the front page? Clearly it should be more fitting on astalavista or sites like that.

Any programmer with the tools can change it and make it d/l something else. Like a virus or even more harmful trojan. I didn't think this site was about that stuff.

it's a test to see if your firewall can withstand a trojan based on it. it is a Proof Of Concept program, not a true virus so it is safe to have and for people to see if their firewalls are secure or not.

I was very surprised to see this here

This was the headline as reported by newsbytes.com on Apr. 30th

New Stealth Attack Found Against Personal Firewalls

Backstealth, a demonstration program that bypasses the outbound data filters in firewalls from Symantec, McAfee, and other firms, was posted last week to Packetstorm, a popular security tools site.

The utility is able to defeat outbound blocking by Kerio Personal Firewall, McAfee Personal Firewall, Norton Internet Security 2002, Sygate Personal Firewall Pro, and Tiny Personal Firewall, according to Iorio.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back