Backing up DVD movies

go to www.dvddecrypter.com and download the program DVD Decrypter. Then run it, extract the VOBs (6 gigs) to your hard drive temporarily. Then just drag and drop those files to dvd burner program of choice and burn. delete temp vobs from hdd.

extract the VOBs (6 gigs) to your hard drive temporarily. Then just drag and drop those files to dvd burner program of choice and burn. delete temp vobs from hdd.

Huh?? Seeing as most blanks only hold about 4.3 g, that should be fun. And if you expect it to play on any home unit.. good luck. The process is a wee bit more complicated than that.

just like Gus K said, u cant just rip the vob's off the dvd disc and burn it and then expect it to play. u have to re-create the audio_ts and video_ts folders and a couple of other files and burn those to yr dvd-r.

take a look at www.vcdhelp.com at the left and ull see a section for DVD Rip, go there and you'll find everything you need.

I've had success using DVD XCopy with my brand spanking new Sony DRU500A.

I'll use XCopy for movies greater than 4.7 gigs in size and a combination of Smartripper (using the copy function) and Nero for movies smaller than that which will fit on one disc.

XCopy works fine, it takes a little longer to run than I'd like but it does the job simply.

I'm fairly certain the copy and paste method after ripping vobs works cause you can only extract one audio stream if you want.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back