Back up using drive image

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
My cousins laptop has a faulty HDD, once it heats up it shutsdown computer and wont get recognised in bios until it cools sufficiently. i have used drive image 7 to create a back up and saved it to an external HDD. i boot the pc using the Drive image installation disc and point it to the ext HDD that the image is on but after it installs and reboots, when i get just after the scrolling 'Microsoft' screen i get a very quick flash of blue screen and then it keeps rebooting in this circle, can anyone assist. or ecommend a better program for transferring complete data to new drive

old hdd was 60gb toshiba with XP on it
new hdd is a 100gb fujitsu

Sounds like the image may be corrupt and Windows is not correctly loading a driver or a driver is missing.

Have you tried booting into safe mode?
Press F8 after POST to see the options menu and try safe mode.
Also try disable auto restart then you can see the blue screen error message.

I tried every option from safe mode to last known blah blah. I downloaded the Norton ghost trial and the SRD disk and used that, now its working fine. Thanks for you assistance.

Glad you got it working. DriveImage 7 is so old now that there may be some hardware incompatibility, or even problem with the size of the hard drives. I use Acronis products, although each program and version has it's own quirks to learn.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back