back up dvd movies

sigsays

OSNN Junior Addict
i am trying to back up dvd movies.. so i can watch them on my dvd player... right now i do own the originals... i want to know how do i copy a dvd? right now i used dvd shrink.. after it finished burning i popped it i my comp.. worked fine.. but when i popped it into my dvd player... it said cannot read.. please insert a new cd....

Dvdshrink is the way to go. Did you burn the disc correctly? Did you let dvdshrink do it for you? Is it a +R, -R, -+RW, -RAM, etc?

Some stand alone DVD players are picky about media you use. Sometimes they only like a certain brand (aka not cheap ones). Also I think some DVD players have a better time w/ different type of DVD recordable media .. one that plays +R might not play -R and vice versa.

-edit- You should perhaps go to a site like doom9.org and punch in your dvd player model and see if it pops up in there forum. Or you could even do a google search.

dreamliner77 said:
Dvdshrink is the way to go. Did you burn the disc correctly? Did you let dvdshrink do it for you? Is it a +R, -R, -+RW, -RAM, etc?

i did use dvd shrink... i saved it as a iso... unzipped it... then burned it.... it was -R

Xie said:
Some stand alone DVD players are picky about media you use. Sometimes they only like a certain brand (aka not cheap ones). Also I think some DVD players have a better time w/ different type of DVD recordable media .. one that plays +R might not play -R and vice versa.

-edit- You should perhaps go to a site like doom9.org and punch in your dvd player model and see if it pops up in there forum. Or you could even do a google search.

i used sony dvd-r's

thanx guys for the help... i'll check doom9.... any more suggestions?

use dvdshrink and save the output and then copy to the VIDEO_TS folder of a nero Dvd video project, or let dvdshrink burn it directly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back