Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
heh

gonna get a language degree

signing for the deaf, I start on Friday night

/pretty exciting

do you think those cute co eds will be attracted to a man 103 years old?

I hope so

I think so. You should invite me down. We'll start a frat. Chics dig frat guys.

Sure, age=experience :)

Good luck on your return to the university life!

You know, for a moment there I thought perris said he would be SINGING for the deaf and I was like what the heck, thats like showing stevie wonder a movie. :dead:

But yah, good on yah.

:smoker:

Have fun. Report back on any progress with the co-eds. :D

Sazar said:
You know, for a moment there I thought perris said he would be SINGING for the deaf and I was like what the heck, thats like showing stevie wonder a movie. :dead:

But yah, good on yah.

:smoker:

:laugh:

Perhaps if we could find a way to place the song directly in their brain :D Not sure how they'd do that though...

That said, Beethovan or one of the composers was known to have been deaf. Even more interesting is how they managed to make music, when they couldn't hear what they were composing...

Anyhow perris, good luck with your classes and all...

Talk to Hugh Hefner, he's doin OK for an older dude :D

I got one for you all...

My wife is an assistant dance instructor for her friends dance studio. Every year she holds an extra recital by none other than...the students of the Scranton State School for the Deaf...and occasionally a few of the students perform at the local studio's recital.

Yep, deaf and hard-of-hearing kids dancing to music. I am impressed as hell every year. Some can feel the beat of the music, others dance to counts and only need a nod from the instructor as to when to begin.

I'm trying to make the time to take ASL classes starting this spring.

I don't know about the coeds and your old behind there dude, but kudos to you for taking the class! Very cool!

I tried to rep you for it but it wouldn't let me!

Rep has to be spread around before you can give it to someone who you have repped before, so the system doesn't get abused. Knowing you hang out in Hard Talk, that is probably somewhere you might have given it to Perris at one point, before giving it to others. If you want to give rep to Perris, you should give it to some other people first.

Great to hear your wife does things like that, people helping those less fortunate is always a good thing :)

Yeah, i know how it works wwwdjrcs, I just didn't want him to think I was being stingy!:lick:

Thanks, we firmly believe in giving back to society...but I'll never coach Jr. Football again...some parents can get CRAZY! :laugh:

ThePatriot said:
Yeah, i know how it works wwwdjrcs, I just didn't want him to think I was being stingy!:lick:

Thanks, we firmly believe in giving back to society...but I'll never coach Jr. Football again...some parents can get CRAZY! :laugh:
I coach basketball for a young boys league *save the jokes*

I know how crazy parents can get. Sometimes I have to remind them it's for the enjoyment of the kids, not bragging rights of the parents.

wwwdjrcs said:
I know how crazy parents can get. Sometimes I have to remind them it's for the enjoyment of the kids, not bragging rights of the parents.
Ah yes, the old "parents living gratuitously through their children and making it absolutely no fun at all for them" syndrome! I love it! Best of luck to ya!

ThePatriot said:

You should try High School Football.

High school cheerleaders (of the female gender) are even better. Try one of them.

whoops.

Well, as to deaf people, when the frequency is low enough, it can tend to be felt... I wouldn't doubt this in the least. Heck, when I used to live on campus, the people down the hall in the dorms played their fricken rap so loud, and with so much base, that if you put an object on the floor in front of their door (and even a ways away from it), you could litterally see the object move accross the floor, in sink with their drum beat itself. :eek: There have been experiments with sound waves, and the opera singer who could shatter a wine class when hitting that certain note is just the beginning.

Given that many people in some of the evening classes I've taken before have been retirees and the like, there really isn't a matter of it being too late to return. I've seen people, heck still in high school sit in some of my college classes. And then I've seen some people in their 70s sit in some other classes as well. It's not just the young one's who go back to school anymore...

I don't know why people are surprised,quite obvious really.Just cause they can't hear doesn't mean they can't feel.There's many musicians out there who can't hear what they play but can feel it and they are really good :D

madmatt said:
High school cheerleaders (of the female gender) are even better. Try one of them.

whoops.
Yeah, I did...I married her, too...damn...:cheeky:

falconguard said:
You should try High School Football.
No thanks! I went to the games to see all my Jr. Football boys on JV then Varsity ball...and it's much worse!

Good luck Perris. Yooou can do it!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back