B.net Cheaters

Cheaters F#$kin Suck!!

I play Quake3, Diablo2, CounterStrike, Forsaken, ect.. ect.. and I constantly find myself running into cheaters of one sort or another.
Usually as in Quake3 its just a annoyance.. Some 12 year old (or even worse some 30 year old) that has to use some hackers bot code to shoot strait and then sits back and trys to act like hes better than everyone else.. LAME.
But In Diablo2 its really kinda different. Cheats that Trade-Hack People (Rip people off of their hard earned items), Clone or Dupe Items, ect.. drastically effects the Economy, Playability, and Enjoyment of the game. Personally Im glad they got Banned.
Im all for Consumer Rights too, dont get me wrong. If you bought It you should be able to do whatever you want to with it.. but where does that right stop?? Do some people really believe that because "They" bought it and can do whatever they want to with it at the expense of someone else that bought their own copy?

Wanna Cheat, do it in single player where only yourself, your dog, and your mother will know. But when you log on to the net to play some people that spent their hard earned money to have a good time, leave your cheats at the door. Not only are you cheating them... your cheating yourself.

[=

- Cheating on the Internet is like winning in the Special Olympics... Even if you win your still Retarded!.

Why not make servers for cheaters? I admit @ times that I OGC a 'few' frags but yet on a cheating server. In a way I support blizzard due to all of the great games they have produced. But if a n00b wishes to cheat, put him up against all other or better cheaters out there.

Cheating is not 'bad', just a way of making yourself feel 'good', plus it makes for a good ScreenShot:)

well, diablo II has 2 online services. Open bnet and closed bnet...open bnet is p2p therefore cheating is "optional" if you will. But closed bnet is not

I stand corrected, if terminating an account on battle.net does not leave a cd-key entirely useless, then the punishment MAY be warranted.

Also, they probably are within their rights if such a clause is included in the user agreement, but (a whole separate issue): how fair is a user agreement that you 'must' agree to if you can't even read it until after you've paid for it? I couldn't go buy diablo 2, open the game and try to install it, then take it back to a retail store and say: "Sorry, I don't agree with the user agreement. Seems we don't have a pact, you can have your game back and I'll take my money."

I promise there isn't anyone online who hates cheaters more than me, I'm not defending them. I'm just stating their right to play the game however they like. Insulting cheaters is fine, but supporting drastic action against the individuals is wrong. The fight against cheating should be aimed at stamping out programs that let people cheat (as those seem to be infringing upon Blizzard's intellectual property moreso than the cheaters themselves) and improving the sourcecode or adding to it so that cheats aren't effective (see: cheating-death).

Again I will point to steam, valve's answer to cheating. The problem needs to be addressed in this manner. Notoes admitted to ocassionally cheating in CS, should his wonid be revoked? No, simply preventing people from using (or accessing) cheats solves the problem.

Now I'm just rambling...

Also (again I don't play Diablo 2 so it is difficult for me to comment), I don't know that battle.net can be seen as an additional service. I know the only reason I purchased starcraft was to play online. The front of the box clearly states: play free over battle.net. If Diablo advertises similarly, then I don't know that they can advertise that and then take it away.

He admitted cheating to servers that are made for cheaters. DII is different. You keep the same guy and equipment until they reset. This imbalances a game. Cheating in a DII is almost like hacking into Bnet and make it so you can exploit the cheat.

I think that Blizzard made the right choice by banning these losers.Cheating ruins the game for all of the legitimate players.From a business standpoint,do you think that Blizzard would rather ban 20,000 accounts,or just let the cheaters ruin the game for everyone?On one hand they piss off only a certain percentage of their players,on the other hand they just let everybody get screwed by these guys until nobody plays.
If I cheat,I do it in single-player.Then I am the only one who has the game ruined.On-line cheaters ruin it for everyone(I liked the suggestion of cane beating them).
One more thing-will the 3 SOBs who voted that they like to cheat please come out of whatever corner that they are hiding in, and defend themselves-or are you boys to lame to face the world?

With multiplayer being so popular now - cheaters should be banned straight away so i doesnt ruin it for all of us :)

Here's how I look at it. From the companies point of view we are not allowed to modify their source code/game play in any way or do something that would affect other users negatively. Doing so violates their copy rights and the bottom line is it costs them money - in terms of fixing problems that the cheats create on their servers as well as loss of revenue from customer dissatisfaction. If I hear that cheating was rampant in D2 multiplayer then I'm probably not going to want to buy the game. Nothing kills a game faster than rampant cheaters/cheating.

Originally posted by MaDCeLL
cheating in singleplayer ? poor but acceptable !
cheating in multiplayer ? pathetic !

I think that sums it up. :D

npfanz

If you have ever played a Blizzard game you would know that Battle.net is a FREE service that they provided above and beyond the game so they have every right to tell you, that you can't play on THIER servers if your going to cheat plain and simple. Its like you coming to my house and taking a dump on my front lawn I don't want you doing that and I have every right to have you removed from my yard, and there banning cd-keys is just that it in no way stops them from playing single player (or say you taking a dump in the road in front of my house) but it makes the non cheaters happy (and me because I don't have to clean your mess).

As an avid online gamer, I know cheating is a big problem in the online gaming community, however I believe Blizzard is wrong in banning all these people. First off, you should receive a warning before being permanently banned from something you paid for. I guarantee you the majprity of people who had used cheats, upon getting a warning from Blizzard stating they would be banned if they continue cheating, would say "Hey I like this game and would still like to play online fairly" and would rejoin the online community and contribute positively. I play mostly Team Fortress Classic and was banned from one of my favorite servers because it does an automatic compelte hard drive scan for known cheats. I had previously used an OGC hook cheat purely for testing purposes on an isolated private network, and now I, a legitimate gamer who wants nothing more to contribute to what he paid for can not because of this brute force approach to eliminating cheaters. Gaming companies need to develop ways of keeping cheating from happening in the first place, not taking the easy and unjust way out by mass banning thousands of people who may or may not be cheaters at all.

G|ass >>

As far as I understand from Blizzards announcement the 20,000 accounts banned were ALL associated with the socalled Chesthack, so don't tell me that ppl. can be so stupid exploiting this hack WITHOUT knowing that this is violation of the terms stated by Blizzard and that it may have some consequences like being banned.

In the real world cheaters caught get punished - why should it be different in the gaming world ?!

No-cheaters: Have a Nice Day ;)

G|ass >>

... Regarding the cheat scanning program (CS Guard or something like that) you mention: You are warned when you log on those servers runnning that anti cheat program.
Banning ppl. having active/inactive cheat files on their HDD (ie. OGC) is a policy by the server admins - not by the software developers.
Banning from a CS/TFC server is like being banned from a party; you'll still be able to join another party - if you don't have a VERY bad reputation all over town ;)

I didn't realize this thread was still getting posts...

Krux,

First of all, as my whole argument started out with people's rights: if you call something a FREE service that is made available to people, it is discriminatory to deny access to certain individuals (I'm a conservative, I don't like saying that, but it is true).

Beyond that, the use of Battle.net is advertised, right on the front of the box, as something you are getting when you purchase a game. Obviously battle.net isn't a free service, if it were I could download an ISO and play D2 on battle.net without a valid cd key. That isn't possible - it isn't a free service but one intricately tied to the purchasing of their game (and if you have to purchase something that no longer makes it free). Removing that access after someone has paid for it is not legal (although I concede that it may be in this case where Blizzard forces dictatorial presence upon you by their user agreement - see my previous post).

Your analogy really doesn't do it for me, unless I paid you for use of your yard, or bought a little 2x2 square of it, because private property concerns a whole different set of laws.

Again, I hate cheaters as anyone else does. I would just like to see Blizzard NOT take the easy way out, and fix things properly. How long has this chesthack been going on? Quite some time I would assume if there were 20k people using it. So now a new cheat will be developed and in another year when there are thousands of people exploiting it Blizzard will ban another batch. You tell me how that fixes the online community between the time people use the new hack and the time Blizzard feels justified in kicking users. I'm proud that Valve took initiative and developed a true solution (albeit yet implented). And valve doesn't even control the servers their games are played on!! Blizzard has COMPLETE control of battle.net, how lame that they can't find a real way to stop hackers. If they wanted they could scan their network a few times a day and boot everyone who has a suspicious line of code running. Thats just one way they could do it. Blizzard is wrong in the way they are doing things, not in their ultimate goal.

I thought I had deleted every trace of the cheat program I had used in TFC but there must have been some tiny scrap laying around. The scan said it found "viper.dll" on my hard disk. I did a complete hard disk scan for it and got no results. I even searched the registry and found nothing. So now it seems I can't join any server that scans or I'll get banned all over the place. As far as cable's statement about only being banned from one server is no biggie, it is, because when I got banned from that one server, my Won ID was added to a public blacklist so my reputation is now ruined as well.

you could probably fix the G|ass
do a search with advanced options - system folder and hidden files an folders.

just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back