Awstats

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political User
Is there a way to display the number of hits I'm recieving to site visitors? To check the hits myself I have to login to Cpanel.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
It's most likely that it is possible. however the data isn't stored in a static file
bash-2.05a$ ls -pla
total 136
drwx------ 2 speedyb speedyb 4096 Jan 16 20:33 ./
drwx------ 6 speedyb speedyb 4096 Dec 10 17:19 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 speedyb speedyb 37925 Jan 16 20:33 awstats012004.speedyb.complexero.com.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 speedyb speedyb 32786 Jan 1 19:11 awstats122003.speedyb.complexero.com.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 speedyb speedyb 23749 Jan 16 20:32 awstats.speedyb.complexero.com.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 speedyb speedyb 25777 Jan 16 20:33 dnscachelastupdate.speedyb.complexero.com.txt
bash-2.05a$
note the two files with dates in the filenames. that's where the info is stored (and there's a lot of it!) there may be some way to get AWstats to write a seperate file when it runs, but then the hits would only be updated when the cron job runs.

I think the easiest way is to just use a separate counter for public use.

X-Istence

Political User
Uhm, really easy, go grab yourself a copy of awstats, and create a config file which accesses those files in the special folder.

Awstats doesnt generate on the fly, but gets generated how often your hosts has it set, normally it redoes all stats every day, but most hosts set that at every quarter of a day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut