AWStats / IIS Logging for Server 2003 Issues

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

We've been experiencing some weird issues when it comes to IIS Log formatting and the ability to take it into AWStats. I believe that this is the actual IIS Logging problem so I'm posting it in here. There is supposed to be a specific log format that AWstats uses to be able to generate data from the information in the log. The problem is though it seems that the logging somehow gets it's settings changed, and awstats can't read the log. The log is supposed to be WC3 Extended Log File Format, with certain options checked. When logging into the server and checking the options, everything looks good. But when you run the "Update Stats" button from AWStats, you get the following error message:

AWStats did not find any valid log lines that match your LogFormat parameter, in the 50th first non commented lines read of your log.
Your log file C:/Inetpub/websitename/logfiles/W3SVC39286013/extend1.log must have a bad format or LogFormat parameter setup does not match this format.

Your AWStats LogFormat parameter is: 2
This means each line in your web server log file need to have "MSIE Extended W3C log format" like this:
date time c-ip c-username cs-method cs-uri-sterm sc-status sc-bytes cs-version cs(User-Agent) cs(Referer)

And this is an example of records AWStats found in your log file (the record number 50 in your log):
2006-03-09 21:28:35 GET /ts_files/scroll.html 0 - 172.16.19.6 HTTP/1.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+SV1;+InfoPath.1) http://www.website.org/ 200 4900

Setup ('C:\Inetpub\websitename\awstats/awstats.website.name.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.
Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

When I go into the directory where the log file is, I shut down IIS, delete the log file, and then restart IIS... I wait for the new log to be generated, and for awhile the update stats button will work, but then after a day or less or so, the problem continues on with that error message.

Anyone have any ideas on the matter?

Did you find the solution to this. I am getting the exact same problem on Windows server 2003

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back