Avira AntiVir Personal edition catching something weird?

zapoqx

Striking Master
Ok, I should of mentioned this, but like... a month ago... for some reason, everytime my anti-virus is doing an update, it seems to catch something in the System Volume folder of my C Drive. It is some Long named .exe file that I think has AB as the start of the long letters. I tell it access deny, but its just, I'm wondering what is with that? Any Idea? I'll post a screenshot of it when I can if you need a better idea.

Take the full filename and google it. If my anti-virus (nod32) ever picks something up that I dont recognise thats what I do, I can usually find enough information on it to know whether I should delete the file or ignore it.

Remember you might need to boot into Safe Mode to successfully delete the file if that is what you end up doing.

System Volume Information folder is where the restore points are kept. Turn off system restore then scan your system for viruses.

well I can't seem to get it on a virus scan, but I get it on an updates only. I'm waiting for the update to come up.

Somewhat in a hurry so here is the images...

That should help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back